Brake Light Help

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

JoshKamp330
Noob
Noob

Brake Light Help

Post by JoshKamp330 »

I was wondering what I was missing that turned the brake light off. Here's a picture of what I've got and I can't seem to even find where a piece would clip on or screw on to shut it off when not braking. If someone could let me know it would be much appreciated.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Brake Light Help

Post by mousewheels »

I'm looking at your pic and think its not able to show the area to be looking.

Take a look into the 'V' that forms between the brake lever and housing when you activate the lever. There is a little round black plunger switch with a tiny pin. The pin is released when the lever is pulled. When extended, it should turn on the brake light. The lever itself is the contact surface for the pin. It should not break off from use.

Easiest way to find the brake light switch is by following the wire up to the housing :wink:
JoshKamp330
Noob
Noob

Post by JoshKamp330 »

Yeah I know where the brake light switch is. It's the little black pin about a half inch under the lever. I was wondering what piece I am missing that actuates it on and off.
JoshKamp330
Noob
Noob

Post by JoshKamp330 »

thank you btw
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Josh - Checked the parts box tonight, I no longer have a control that exactly like yours.

But took this photo of a Spree/Elite type of cast control. The left brake lever has a cast feature to activate the switch. Looking again at your photo, your switch is also offset off the center of the lever. I guess either its implemented differently on the Aero, or possibly a previous owner modified/replaced the lever with the incorrect type.
phydeaux99
Noob
Noob

Post by phydeaux99 »

just looked at mine - appears you have the wrong brake lever. Mine has a tab built iinto the lever (not an add on) to operate the switch.
JoshKamp330
Noob
Noob

Post by JoshKamp330 »

d***. So it seems to be I have the wrong lever. Looks like the scooter sucks some more money outta my pocket haha. Thanks for the heads up mousewheels.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

JoshKamp330 wrote:So it seems to be I have the wrong lever. Looks like the scooter sucks some more money outta my pocket haha.
Never ceases to amaze what previous owners come up with :P

Looking at part numbers, it looks that a Spree type left lever is same as the Aero part.