Spree Won't Rev Up

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

dukhnr1
Noob
Noob

Spree Won't Rev Up

Post by dukhnr1 »

I am new to the forum but have been visiting getting information for some time. Excellent place for help when needed. I'v gotten a real education in thes litlle machines. I have 2 - 1986 Sprees that I have been working on. One seems to run fine, but he other one has had some problems taht I seem to have solved with help from reading others questions. Here's the latest problem that I have not been able to solve. Carb has been cleaned as per FAQ procedure. Fuel valve does not operate on vacuum - vacuum leaks off - have a different one on the way. Fuel is running to the carb. Spree starts and idles fine but when I try to open it up on the kickstand it accelerates but pours out the smoke and doesn't rev up like the other Spree does. ( Nice to have two for comparisons) What I have found is that if I crack open the air box it seems to lean out and revs up very well. No restrictions in the air flow and the filter is new and oiled properly. I am assuming that it is running way rich. The float was level when I cleaned the carb. Have not checked the throttle needle setting yet, but was wondering what someone else has to say about this before I try anything else. Please clue me in on the problem. All help is appreciated.