Gas Tank Restoration?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Gas Tank Restoration?

Post by mustangwagz »

Wellllll...*sighs* found out why my scoot is bogging.. I've had it for 2 days now. yesterday (first day) i got it runnin n rode it around all day. today was a diff story. Replaced the plug in it, put the plastics back on, and tried startin it. Run for a few seconds, shut off, etc etc. Opened the bowl drain..out came orange gas...till it ran down over the side case and i seen it was water polluted. LOVELY! so i tore the tank off..omg..If i didnt know better..i'd say they used the tank as a radiator or water storage compartment. i'm talkin this stuff was like Floresent orange! lol (good reason it bogged eh?..lol) anyhow, pulled screen out..horrible.. Pulled tank float out..it was seized up and fallin apart, so i fixed it up..but now i gotta figure out * imma do with this rust filled ugly tank i got? My ole man told me they make acid based stripper you slosh around inside of metal tanks, then dump and put a sealer in it?.. Anyone heard of this? HOPE TO GOD SOMEONE HAS! lol imma call auto parts tomorrow and see whats up. I aint a genius but i'd say that'lll effect horsepower! lol Scoot ran GREAT yesterday..just thinkin..maybe it all got stirred up and there was enough gas to water ratio to keep it runnin. then once it sat over night, the water settled to the bottom? or does water float? i forget, but regardless, i gotta get the innards of this tank taken care of. Shoot me a reply if yinz can help! Thanks folks!!

-Zac :coolcruise:
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Gas Tank Restoration?

Post by martynkim »

PM'd
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Gas Tank Restoration?

Post by martynkim »

I got a good tank you can have for less than a Kreem treatment will cost.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts