Mystery Solved (prior thread)

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

RZRob
Goped
Goped

Mystery Solved (prior thread)

Post by RZRob »

So I posted a thread earlier about my '85 Spree where the starter was only good for a turn or so then that was it. Well, I just got this thing and it was sitting for years, so before I even came home with it I grabbed a new battery and charged it. The '85 lacks a kickstarter.

Well long story short, after spending countless hours fiddling around under the belt cover and even adding the kickstarter from a $40 basket case I'd found. Well, I moved to the starter and decided to remove it. In the process I removed the exhaust and noticed how wet it was.

After pulling the spark plug, I checked the starter again, and VIOLA, it turned over fast as could be.

The motor was hydraulicing from all the gas in the crank chamber.

Now I need to figure out how to get all that old crap out. The gas line's removed. I can get it to start momentarily (with Starting Fluid), but it quickly dies then hydraulics again. If I repeat the process (removing the plug and turning over the motor) I get similar results.

Any ideas?

RZ Rob
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Mystery Solved (prior thread)

Post by martynkim »

Pull the coil, and plug. crank it until gas/oil stops coming out of the engine. Replace plug with new plug. replace coil and should fire up. Gonna be smoky until all that oil burns off. When it does it should run fine if everything else is good. :smile:
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
RZRob
Goped
Goped

Re: Mystery Solved (prior thread)

Post by RZRob »

Exactly what I did. I needed to pull the plug like 10 times, but eventually it all blew out the exhaust. Wow, more smoke in my garage than an Amsterdam bar.

RZ Rob