trouble with my new elite

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

BLuke33
Noob
Noob

trouble with my new elite

Post by BLuke33 »

I just picked up a 1994 honda elite that I cant get to run properly. A neighbor was giving it away and the only thing he knew was that it sat for a few years and now wouldnt run. I drained the old gas out and filled with fresh fuel, topped off the oil, changed the spark plug, and thoroughly cleaned the carb twice. I have the fuel-air mixture set at 1-1/2 turns out. The scooter has no trouble starting but I cant get more than half throttle out of it before it bogs down and dies. If I really ease into it I have been able to get almost full throttle but any quick twists of the throttle kills it.

Any ideas on where I should start?
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Re: trouble with my new elite

Post by odinxxix »

check into the airbox, see if the filter is still there and not brittle or turned to dust. if its in good shape clean and reoil with some 10w-30. and you might want to re clean the carb. even the best of the best dont get it right the first couple times.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
BLuke33
Noob
Noob

Post by BLuke33 »

OK, when i got it i did notice the airfilter was deteriorated so I removed it, cleaned the plastic air box that holds it, and while i have been waiting for the new filter to ship I have been trying to get it going with no air filter.

I have been taking the carb totally apart and soaking the majority of it overnight in a carb cleaning solution. I of course leave out any o-rings and gaskets that cannot be soaked overnight, then I rinse, blow dry with compressed air, and reassemble. I will try this method again though just to be sure though.
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

yea without the filter it wont run that well. when you get the filter it will prolly run a whole lot better. whats going on is that there is too much air coming in, you need the filter to add a little restriction to the air flow.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
tha juggalo boss
Goped
Goped

Post by tha juggalo boss »

agreed, air filter!! some mopeds are very tempremental!!
It is what it is-I drive a Cadillac-but I still love riding my elite!!