Honda Spree and Elite 50 Forums

Keeping Spree Elite Aero 50cc and Gyro Alive!
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: NQ50 spree CDI?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:24 pm 
Offline
BMX
BMX

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 35
Location: North Little Rock, Arkansas
How do you know if your CDI is bad? Is there a way to test them? How does the scooter act if or as it's going out?
1984 NQ50 Spree
Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NQ50 spree CDI?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:00 pm 
Offline
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 1973 9:24 am
Posts: 9673
Location: Union, WA.
Image Of corse there is. Just look in the service manual in the section so named. :roll:

Oh and generally a bad CDI means no or very weak spark.

_________________
Bear 45/70
Image

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NQ50 spree CDI?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:13 pm 
Offline
BMX
BMX

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 35
Location: North Little Rock, Arkansas
Bear45-70 wrote:
Image Of corse there is. Just look in the service manual in the section so named. :roll:

Oh and generally a bad CDI means no or very weak spark.


Maybe you assume all people are dumb or don't know what they are doing. If you have seen a section about testing the CDI then you could just point me in that direction. It seems to me since I have "Read The Fu##ing Manuel" that maybe I was looking for support from those in the know. As for a weak or no spark that's not the case. It runs great up to around 28 then it just feels like someone flips a switch then it picks right back up. The manuel covers everything up to CDI and everything past the CDI not on how to test the actual CDI. But thanks I'll go back to reading the "Fu##ing Manuel".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NQ50 spree CDI?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:53 pm 
Offline
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 1973 9:24 am
Posts: 9673
Location: Union, WA.
BIGGUYLITTLESCOOTER wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:
Image Of corse there is. Just look in the service manual in the section so named. :roll:

Oh and generally a bad CDI means no or very weak spark.


Maybe you assume all people are dumb or don't know what they are doing. If you have seen a section about testing the CDI then you could just point me in that direction. It seems to me since I have "Read The Fu##ing Manuel" that maybe I was looking for support from those in the know. As for a weak or no spark that's not the case. It runs great up to around 28 then it just feels like someone flips a switch then it picks right back up. The manuel covers everything up to CDI and everything past the CDI not on how to test the actual CDI. But thanks I'll go back to reading the "Fu##ing Manuel".


Just where it should be. In the Electrical Section which is Chapter 14 and the Ignition System starts on Page 8 and the CDI test are on that page. But, see I looked.

_________________
Bear 45/70
Image

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NQ50 spree CDI?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:46 pm 
Offline
BMX
BMX

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 35
Location: North Little Rock, Arkansas
Bear45-70 wrote:
BIGGUYLITTLESCOOTER wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:
Image Of corse there is. Just look in the service manual in the section so named. :roll:

Oh and generally a bad CDI means no or very weak spark.


Maybe you assume all people are dumb or don't know what they are doing. If you have seen a section about testing the CDI then you could just point me in that direction. It seems to me since I have "Read The Fu##ing Manuel" that maybe I was looking for support from those in the know. As for a weak or no spark that's not the case. It runs great up to around 28 then it just feels like someone flips a switch then it picks right back up. The manuel covers everything up to CDI and everything past the CDI not on how to test the actual CDI. But thanks I'll go back to reading the "Fu##ing Manuel".


Just where it should be. In the Electrical Section which is Chapter 14 and the Ignition System starts on Page 8 and the CDI test are on that page. But, see I looked.


Glad to see you can read but the chart tells you how to test the pins in the actual plug before the CDI, the plug that goes to the CDI. But again I only read the "Fu**ing manual. It does not tell you how to test the CDI. If all of these test came out okay "which they did" it still tells you nothing about the CDI box. Do me a favor and don't reply to my post. Your help doesn't come across as help just a bit *. Thanks for the page reference since I had already read that part. Glad to see you are able to test your CDI without actually testing the CDI it's self. Good job. Man I thought scooters should be fun but you just rub me the wrong way..........


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NQ50 spree CDI?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:26 pm 
Offline
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 1973 9:24 am
Posts: 9673
Location: Union, WA.
I found it and it amazes me that it is not in the Spree manual, when it is in almost every other manual. I knew It was somewhere because my step son screwed my Spree and I checked everything, including the CDI and still no spark. The pulse generator had a stick wedged in it pushing it to far away from the flywheel.

But as life would have it I can't seem to get the picture to post for some reason, so I am e-mailing it to you.

You need to PM me your e-mail address though.

_________________
Bear 45/70
Image

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group