something broke?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

spreerunner
Noob
Noob

something broke?

Post by spreerunner »

i was riding my spree the other day and when i would take off from a dead stop there was noise that sounded like the clutch slipping but i thought nothing of it, today i took my spree out and i took off and the same noise appeared but this time the backend of my spree started "hopping" up and down but it would still move forward and the noise stopped after about 15mph. i have no idea what is wrong, do any of you?
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Re: something broke?

Post by odinxxix »

check in to the clutch(rear pulley) pads wore out, the pulley not opening all the way. just guesses
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
Standard Man
Noob
Noob

Post by Standard Man »

spreerunner wrote:i was riding my spree the other day and when i would take off from a dead stop there was noise that sounded like the clutch slipping but i thought nothing of it, today i took my spree out and i took off and the same noise appeared but this time the backend of my spree started "hopping" up and down but it would still move forward and the noise stopped after about 15mph. i have no idea what is wrong, do any of you?
I have the exact same problem with mine. It bounces like no other when I get it going. Is that normal?
Currently riding,

88 Honda Elite 50 LX(Custom Nebraska N paint job)

82 Honda Express NC50

Year? Honda Spree
ae86guy
Elite
Elite

Post by ae86guy »

id be checking those clutches mabey one of the clutch grab springs has come off