go kart torque converter

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

BIGGUYLITTLESCOOTER
BMX
BMX

go kart torque converter

Post by BIGGUYLITTLESCOOTER »

Has anyone looked at a go kart torque converter for use on a Spree?
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Re: go kart torque converter

Post by fastplastic »

are you talking about a centrifugel clutch? because if you are we have those fatory installed by honda. If your talking about a cvt i belive its called kinda like a snow moblie clutch like on an elite the great taz is suppost to be building one for the nq50 and should be out soon.
BIGGUYLITTLESCOOTER
BMX
BMX

Post by BIGGUYLITTLESCOOTER »

fastplastic wrote:are you talking about a centrifugel clutch? because if you are we have those fatory installed by honda. If your talking about a cvt i belive its called kinda like a snow moblie clutch like on an elite the great taz is suppost to be building one for the nq50 and should be out soon.
They are sim to CVT. The same thing really. Look up go kart parts. May be easier to fit to the Spree.
vette66_00
Spree
Spree

Post by vette66_00 »

I'm also working on it. The adapters made already. Just need to find some time to set it up. I'm using a Tav2 no back plate (of course) clutch up front, adapter in the rear to eliminate the gear and to fit the spline, adapter in front so it can fit the elite e output shaft.

Will see how it works in a few weeks.
89 Honda Elite E 48cc bbk and gears all broken in... I get to 35 mph (gps) full out and Im 240 lbs. Need more speed

My toy.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWgZXLUy25U
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

when i look up go cart clutch i seem to find centrifugal clutch most popular one used to same me some research time what is the proper name of the clutch your referring to please
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

I believe its called a Torq-a-verter or somthing like that, here in canada they used to be available from princess auto for around 2-300$
Ill go look it up
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

84 Spree stock
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

vette66_00 wrote:I'm also working on it. The adapters made already. Just need to find some time to set it up. I'm using a Tav2 no back plate (of course) clutch up front, adapter in the rear to eliminate the gear and to fit the spline, adapter in front so it can fit the elite e output shaft.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Really? Your working on this?

how do you get the output shaft from the spree crank to fit the tav2 primary? :confused:

You gotta post pics man. sounds a little crazy :crazy:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
vette66_00
Spree
Spree

Post by vette66_00 »

Trafficjamz wrote:
vette66_00 wrote:I'm also working on it. The adapters made already. Just need to find some time to set it up. I'm using a Tav2 no back plate (of course) clutch up front, adapter in the rear to eliminate the gear and to fit the spline, adapter in front so it can fit the elite e output shaft.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Really? Your working on this?

how do you get the output shaft from the spree crank to fit the tav2 primary? :confused:

You gotta post pics man. sounds a little crazy :crazy:

I had a buddy at a machine shop cut a adapter. Started playing with it today, I guess I was not clear enough about the spines, He cut the addendum for the dedendum Or whatever that is, I just point a grunt, basically the inner hole was to big by the space thickness of the spline tooth. So he is going do it again either this weekend or next (when the boss is not there).

The Driver (Primary) Adapter consists of a Piece of billet aluminum rod. Center is bored out and splines are being cut into it. The out side dia is 3/4" with a key way cut into it so the Driver will fit the crank shaft. The Driven(secondary) is much the same except it will be setup so there are no bearings and will just drive the Driven attached to the rear tranny input shaft. Then after this is all fingered (haha) out we will then have to figure out the right belt length. These TAVs will do a .90 Over Drive if setup correctly.

Using a old crank I got on ebay for $20 and the tranny input shaft left over from the Taz gear swap to cut the splines. Its nice to have friends that are slow at work. hehe Ill get some pictures when I get the parts together
89 Honda Elite E 48cc bbk and gears all broken in... I get to 35 mph (gps) full out and Im 240 lbs. Need more speed

My toy.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWgZXLUy25U
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

thank you for the link :thumbwink: if this works make more and sell me one! lol