Troubles with the Spree.

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Troubles with the Spree.

Post by fastplastic »

Yes I'm lucky, but there has been and still is a lot of hard work by both of us to make it work and trying the things the other one likes. Her work schedule has been weird for 20 years now. A day on, a day off, a day on, a day off, a day one and 4 days off. And yes, those are 24 hour day. When she was working full time and attending Paramedic school I was basically a single parent. A lot of give and take. She was my primary pit crew when I was racing. She even learned to back trailer in to the water. An amazing woman, so yeah I'm lucky to have her in my life.[/quote]

Loves all u need and it sounds like you got it :thumbwink:
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

from what bear just said in my opinion replace it one less thing to fight with
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

I had a carb for my 67 S90 that was wayyyy worse than that. The corrosion ate almost all the way thru in places. I could never get it to run right, no matter what I did.
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

PM USPMale on this forum. He used to (maybe still?) recondition Spree carbs to a high quality level and re-sell at fair prices. A carb from him is way better than a Chinese eBay clone.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
alemeno
BMX
BMX

Post by alemeno »

Ok so I bought a rebuilt carb and I'm still running lean! I've checked everything over and nothing is leaking, everything is tight, and nothing is cracked. I've read the manual and old posts and done everything and the thing still runs lean.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

So put a bigger jet in it, but if you made no changes to the engine, then there has to be an air leak somewhere or a fuel restriction for it to be lean. Those are the only options.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Bear45-70 wrote:So put a bigger jet in it, but if you made no changes to the engine, then there has to be an air leak somewhere or a fuel restriction for it to be lean. Those are the only options.

Agreed, as that carburetor never ran lean. Has to be an air leak somewhere.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
alemeno
BMX
BMX

Post by alemeno »

martynkim wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:So put a bigger jet in it, but if you made no changes to the engine, then there has to be an air leak somewhere or a fuel restriction for it to be lean. Those are the only options.

Where else can I check for a air leak? I've checked the airbox and its connection to the carb, all the gaskets, and the oil injector.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

alemeno wrote:
martynkim wrote:

Where else can I check for a air leak? I've checked the airbox and its connection to the carb, all the gaskets, and the oil injector.
Crankshaft case seals, cylinder base gasket, crankcase halves junction............................
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

fastplastic wrote:read the first part of what bear said about the vaccum leaks or just up jett it and pretend there are no vac leaks, but best bet for what is wrong is vaccum leak check everything over not just to see if tight but look for cracks, like bear said, even a bad head gasket can make a huge case leak and make it run poopie....
in addition to what i said before please check your pekcock to make sure it is working correctly