No Spark on 1986 Spree

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

raceluigi
Noob
Noob

No Spark on 1986 Spree

Post by raceluigi »

Hello, I just got done restoring an old Honda Spree that has taken up allot of time in money :surprise: we just got done putting in a air box with air filter, cleaned the carb, checked and cleaned all gas lines including petcock valvue and tank and we replaced the pick up and alternator, along with a few other things i forgot, after replacing all these things the scooter started up for the 1st time in a long time and the head lamp worked, and recharged the battery (which it had never done in the past) assuming the scooter was running we took it on a test ride (1mile through my sub) and when we got back the headlamp wasnt working, so we tore apart the front consule and replaced the lamp, and it lit up again when we started it.
well this is where things got weird, assuming the scooter was back to normal i decided to ride it into town, about half way into town the scooter slowly stoped running as though there was no gas, once we got it home we discovered that there was no spark in the spark pllug and so we went through and tested the spark plug, the coil, the cdi, the wiring and the fuse :x we know they all worked becuase we put all those parts on another working scooter to which it started. Can any one give me any tips on what to test? i pray its not the pick up or stater :worship:
note: when we bought the pick up and staterr (the coily thing haha) we didnt get the matching flywheel, we called the guy back once we saw the manual said to keep the two as a couple but when we called he did not have the flywheel, could this be the problem? so many questions, few answers :nervous: any helps appreciated and things for the time you spend on reading that^^^^^^^^^^ :D
[X] Make a check box =)
[ ] Have 50 posts
[ ] Have 100 posts
~oreos, spree, maplestory,fun, friends, family & god~
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: No Spark on 1986 Spree

Post by mousewheels »

Ok - I'm summarizing what you wote:
1) The stator and pulse coil were replaced to fix a charging system problem.
2) Scooter ran, but then died and troubleshot to *no spark*.
3) CDI, Coil, plug swapped to another bike and verified as working , wiring all checked and are ok.

Wouldn't hurt to run the resistance checks for the stator, or swap it to that other scooter. Exciter coil (Black wire/red stripe: 500 - 900 ohms (after '85)) and the pulse coil (Blue wire/yellow stripe: 50 - 200 ohms).