Rear tire nut removal

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

mopar4u
Spree
Spree

Rear tire nut removal

Post by mopar4u »

Trying to get the carb off of me elite 80 motor but the goofy jap design looks like you need to remove the rear tire to get at the carb nuts. I go to try and get the rear tire nut off and I can't get it to budge. I applied heat, liquid penetrant and I tried my 90lb rated impact at 120lbs and still can't get it to budge. I'm worried burning up a internal seal with to much heat. I can't use a breaker bar because the tire spins.

Ideas?
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Rear tire nut removal

Post by martynkim »

Apply the brake lock. Adjust the brake as tight as it will go. Then see if that helps. :smile:
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Rear tire nut removal

Post by z50r-ghost »

Once you get the rear brake tightened and the brake lock applied, (or a buddy holding your brake lever) maybe try a large chisel and hammer. Usually one quick strike with a sharp chisel will break the nut loose. I have had to carefullyuse a air grinder with a cut-off wheel to "split" a bad wheel nut on a 150 chinese scooter before. Just cut it as much as you can without getting too close to the threads, then use a chisel and hammer to tap it loose. When you cut a slot in the nut you relieve a little stress on the nut.

-hope this helps, jon :peace:
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F