spree engine swap walk through,

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

86elitespree
Noob
Noob

spree engine swap walk through,

Post by 86elitespree »

Can anyone tell me if there is a thread on here with the walk through of how to swap motors? I would like to take the spree motor out and place a elite 50cc in its place. Can anyone help me out please?
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

All i know is the upper shock mount needs to be moved back, engine mount bushings need to be changed and wiring will have to be spliced but they are color coded.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

the fastest way to remedy the mount is to buy an 87 motr moubnt. The motor mount hole will have to be drilled out to accomidate the elite motor mounting bolt. The shock mount can be moved to the space right in back of the spree one. When you take everything off there is a space in the frame either under the battery compartment or oil bottle. That is where you can have a bolt mountd through your frame for the shock mount.
86elitespree
Noob
Noob

Post by 86elitespree »

Can you explain "the upper shock mount needs to be moved back" part? Is this something thatI need to break out my welder for? And again any pix would be great.
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

the 87 moujnt will have to be cut on both sides to fit in the middle of the spree frame. also there is only space below your seating area wher you will be able to place a bolt though the frame with easy access.
86elitespree
Noob
Noob

Post by 86elitespree »

Ahhhhhh ok I think I can handle that. I didnt wont to weld but would have if I had to.