moped runs just not when im sitting on it

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

MurfTurf
Noob
Noob

moped runs just not when im sitting on it

Post by MurfTurf »

my mechanic just replaced my drive belt for my 97 elite s, when i fired it up it didnt sound right... back wheel would spin normally at idle
when i gas it on the kickstand the back tire spins accordingly
its just that when i sit on it to go for a ride the thing dont move when i gas it.... it makes a sound like "wwuuuuuurrrrrrrr" instead of the normal zingy sound of a 2 stroke
it should be noted.....
the gas has sat in the moped for about a month
the moped ran great before the old drive belt broke
i have carefully played with the idle screw on the carb 1/4 turn at a time.... i think that aint the problem (but what do i know)
and my mechanic is a car mechanic who had never worked on a moped before...... (i doubt thats the problem)
any help would be greatly appreciated
mahalo
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Re: moped runs just not when im sitting on it

Post by mustangwagz »

Sounds to me that you better take your belt and variator pulley cover off..something sound a-miss in there in my opinion!
-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

mustangwagz wrote:Sounds to me that you better take your belt and variator pulley cover off..something sound a-miss in there in my opinion!

Agreed, Possibly the variator is coming loose. Did the mechanic loctite it when he reinstalled it? If not, get in there and do it quick and stop running it.... You may strip the splines on the crank!
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Take it back to the mechanic and tell him he screwed up the job and fix it.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

X4.

Sounds to me like the variator weights have come out, and are jamming the ramp plate, over extending the variator.

Agreed - DO NOT start the scooter again until problem is fixed.

A car mechanic and a motorcycle mechanic are very different...

This is something that cannot have a "mistake" made. Just as Bear noted, the crankshaft could be ruined in a matter of 2 seconds, and replacing a crank is a full-blown teardown of your engine. As well, replacing a crank takes serious scooter mechanical experience, or ALOT can be messed up.

Good luck and post up pictures when you get your belt cover off.
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
MurfTurf
Noob
Noob

Post by MurfTurf »

right on everyone..... I HAD MY FRIEND CHECK IT OUT AND some of the roller weights were flipped out of place...........
and the belt was over the wrong gearS..... so i wAS BASICALLY STARTING OUT IN FOURTH GEAR...... HE SAID THE TRANNY WAS ALL MESSED UP....... I JUST GOTTA WAIT A WEEK NOW UNTIL HE CAN FIX THE PROBLEM :( (I BEEN WAITING OVER A MONTH FOR HIM FOR A BELT CHANGE) DATS WHY I HAD A CAR MECHANIC TRY FIX IT... GOT TIRED OF WAITING
IM NEVER GOING BACK TO THAT MECHANIC AGAIN
MUCH mAHALO EVERYONE
ALOHA
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Image Absolutely none of that makes any sense and there is no 4th gear and the belt only runs in pulleys and.......................Pure Image
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
MopedMan84

Post by MopedMan84 »

dont listen to bear, he just doesnt get what you mean thats all :confused: :smile:
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

MopedMan84 wrote:dont listen to bear, he just doesnt get what you mean thats all :confused: :smile:
I get what he means perfectly. You are the one in the position of unknowing. :eyeroll:
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
MopedMan84

Post by MopedMan84 »

like i said dont listen to bear he just doesnt get it............. :jack:
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

MopedMan84 wrote:like i said dont listen to bear he just doesnt get it............. :jack:
I only was a 2 stroke and 4 stroke factory certified mechanic by 4 different manufacturers beside being a speed record holder and a several times National High point Champion racing 2 strokes. Oh and I was my own mechanic while racing. Oh and I also raced cars for a number of years successfully. But yeah, I don't know nothing about 2 strokes or 4 strokes. Keep talking and you will just look stupider ans stupider.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
MopedMan84

Post by MopedMan84 »

you still didnt get what he meant!
man your :crazy:
I think you need to chill with all you * talk about being certified...THE ONLY THING YOUR CERTIFIED IN IS , IS A CERTIFIED MORON . I know for sure it was mechanical error but man you have no idea what he meant by saying it was liking starting out in fourth gear... not that it was in fourth gear......... you stupid :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: right on your face!!!!!Splat
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

MopedMan84 wrote:you still didnt get what he meant!
man your :crazy:
I think you need to chill with all you * talk about being certified...THE ONLY THING YOUR CERTIFIED IN IS , IS A CERTIFIED MORON . I know for sure it was mechanical error but man you have no idea what he meant by saying it was liking starting out in fourth gear... not that it was in fourth gear......... you stupid :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: right on your face!!!!!Splat

Keep talking moron you are just proving you know nothing but just think you do. Why don't you go buddy up with * puppy (Maddog) and his brothers, who talk a good story but the feats of wonder they claim are never seen or heard of by any one else.

Oh and why not 5th gear or 6th gear. The proper term would be high gear jack *.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
MopedMan84

Post by MopedMan84 »

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: all talk no walk makes bear a dull boy!
MopedMan84

Post by MopedMan84 »

plus my scooter will s*** on yours, put your money where your mouth is old man!!!!!! :geekdance: