i need major help

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Mike
Spree
Spree

i need major help

Post by Mike »

okay, heres the deal. my spree ran good before i bought a factory air filter, before i woould use a rag. Ever since i had it it hasnt ran right. what happens is that when i first start it up it runs good and fast but then it starts to stall. what i think the problem is is that its not getting enough fuel. i have the air screw at the right adjustment, and the idle screw is adjusted so that the wheel barely moves if at all. my throttle needle is at the standard setting. my jet is clean, and so is the rest of the carb. my electric choke moves, but VERY VERY slowly, is this normal? i bought all new o rings for the carburetor, and a new insulator ( brown spacer between carb and manifold) because it has a extremely small crack, but i dont think its big enough to make it run THIS badly. the gas tank is clean, and fuel seems to be running good. vacuum line is on tightly. this spree is really starting to embarass me because i believe ive tried almost everything. people are starting to doubt me and make me feel like i dont know what im doin, even tho i know quite a bit about small engines. Please help me :oops: :?
'86 Black/red two-tone Honda Spree, pretty much stock.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

around me people come to my house with there lawnmower, weedwhacer, tractor, and everything else with engines..... just last time is snowed here i was fixing 3 sno blowers... uhhhhh.... maby u have a bad bystarter, or maby its not your carb at all...but maby a crack someware else that when the engien gets hot the metal expands and opens up the crack.... or maby when warm your rings suck...
Mike
Spree
Spree

Post by Mike »

well there is a small leak between the manifold and the carb, so i bought all new o rings and it didnt make a difference. so now im waiting on a new insulator that does inbetween.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

maby the crack is someware else... liek in the cylinder when the engine is cold the crack is small and doesnt bother much, but then the engine gts warm and the metal expands makeing your compretion drop.
Mike
Spree
Spree

Post by Mike »

yeah but the spree ran fine before an air filter. so maybe more air flow remidised the leak in the manifold, you know what i mean idk how to explain.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

when u put the airfilter in it craeated a suction and sucked air past the carb and givving it to much air
Mike
Spree
Spree

Post by Mike »

yeah but what could i do about that
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

wait till that seal comes...
Mike
Spree
Spree

Post by Mike »

gotcha
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

Try a different throttle needle valve setting. See what happens. You can always put it back to the standard setting if no change is seen.
Mike
Spree
Spree

Post by Mike »

yeash i already tried that. all the settings were the same er made it worse.
myhonda
Elite
Elite

Post by myhonda »

mine is doin the same dam thing. i taped half the hole for the airflow on carb thus chocking it and it seems to be running normaly
Mike
Spree
Spree

Post by Mike »

lol yeah i know man i jsut got mine running earlier today, only what i did was put a static-guard sheet over the carbs intake. and now it runs fine