Elite cutting out at

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

needfasterthan31
Spree
Spree

Elite cutting out at

Post by needfasterthan31 »

Hi, I have a 2001 Elite SR-50 with 13,200 miles. At 9800 miles i put on a 72cc Polini Contesta kit and R1/Kalon Turbo pipe. I have 9:1 gears,Keli variator and stiffer clutch springs. Everything else is stock.

I just replaced the coil wire because it was cutting out quite often but ran great and would still do 50 mph.
I bought a good used coil wire and a couple cdi's from another forum member on here.

After i replaced the coil wire the cutting out only happens seldomly like 90% less than what it did but i still have a minor problem with the same issue.

I also tried 2 other cdi's and nothing changed.

What i mean by cutting out is like as you hit the kill switch and turned off the electric and most of the time it wont die completely out and it will do it sometimes at little throttle or full throttle so its not the carburetor.

What else is left to look at?. I checked all the connections i could see and all were good.

Thanks for any help.
01 Elite SR50
>Polini Contesta 72cc Kit (To be soon installed)
>R1 Pipe (To be soon installed)
>Keli Variator
>9:1 gears
bc117
Spree
Spree

Re: Elite cutting out at

Post by bc117 »

not completely sure what your asking but it sounds like you have a kilswitch issue, does it stay running with the key out? or is it turning off while you are driving around?
1985 aero 50
ported
custom exhaust
ruckus vario
1K polini clutch springs
hopefully nh80 powered soon!
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Change the spark plug!
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
needfasterthan31
Spree
Spree

bc117 wrote:not completely sure what your asking but it sounds like you have a kilswitch issue, does it stay running with the key out? or is it turning off while you are driving around?

It will not stay running with the key out. All the functions works fine. I even have the original headlight/turn signal bulbs in this scooter. It is cutting out while i am driving and now after changing the coil wire it is much less than with the original coil wire which was obviously bad so sometimes i will go 3-4 miles at full throttle 50 without cutting out. It is always when i am driving it cruising or at full throttle and has been doing this since about 10,500 miles and got a little worse but the newer coil wire i put on which was off of a low mileage 94-Elite made a huge difference-almost got rid of my problem.
01 Elite SR50
>Keli Variator
needfasterthan31
Spree
Spree

Bear45-70 wrote:Change the spark plug!
You should change your profile message and leave God out of it. I was shocked when i seen it and that they let you leave that on there. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!!!!

How dare you rip on God!!!!!!!!!!!!!. He is the reason you are here and wake up every day alive. Think about it!
You should go to church. You need it.

The plug is fine.
01 Elite SR50
>Keli Variator
killerpancake
Spree
Spree

Post by killerpancake »

god also has a sense of humor, as stated in the good book.
:b2t:
could the cdi be grounding its self, and losing spark? i know you tried multiple, but it could be a possibility.
If it don't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

(Previous)
87 honda spree
85 honda spree

(Current)
88 yammy razz

(parts bike)
another 88 yammy razz
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

needfasterthan31 wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:Change the spark plug!
You should change your profile message and leave God out of it. I was shocked when i seen it and that they let you leave that on there. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!!!!

How dare you rip on God!!!!!!!!!!!!!. He is the reason you are here and wake up every day alive. Think about it!
You should go to church. You need it.

The plug is fine.
Religious fanatics are all alike. There can be no disagreement with them or they will shun you a call you a devil. Eventual they will kill you if you persist in your ways. Guess what fanatic boy, I don't fear the muslim fanatics and I surely don't fear you or your threats. So either back off or you will find out my deity is a way bigger bad * than yours.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree