Electric Start

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Ronsmp
Noob
Noob

Electric Start

Post by Ronsmp »

I can't remember what I need electically so I can start moped with the push button electric start instead of kick starting it. I need something that connects to a white connecter on end of wire that is together with a bunch of wires close to the kick start area and then it connects to a differnt area from that. If this seems confusing sorry. I just wish I remember what guy said I needed I bought moped from as he always used kick starter. If you got idea please reply.
KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

Re: Electric Start

Post by KillinSpree »

Starter motor? Its in front of your engine
1984 Honda Spree White
1987 Honda Spree Blue
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

If you give the model and year of your scooter we can get an exact diagram (or you can download the service manual from this site).

This is an Elite SA50 diagram, but pretty representative of the entire starter circuit. You may ignore the red highlighting, it was for another posting. Honda is pretty consistent with wire colors in this area. Armed with a meter this diagram may be all that's needed to check out your system.

High side of the starter relay coil is tied to the brake light
Low side of starter relay is pulled to ground by the start button.

Starter motor itself has a 'white connector' as you describe, with a Green wire, and a Red/White stripe wire. Green wire should have a ring terminal and connect to one of the starter bolts.

sonnyneu
Noob
Noob

Post by sonnyneu »

funny I had same problem on both sprees I got the electric starts wouldn't work. The guy I bought it told me it was just dead batteries but after playing around for a while found that both had stuck starter pinions (which I got unstuck and they work proper now!) and one had a really dirty switch which was all rusty and I cleaned it all up all works great now!
Ronsmp
Noob
Noob

Post by Ronsmp »

Hello fellow honda forum community. I finally found out what I need to be able to start moped elelctrically. I need an electric choke bystarter and I got one ordered from e-bay and I should receive it next week. As I need to get this moped going one way or another. As kick start is messed up. ok things are a little better know. Doesn't seem so hopeless on this situation :woot:
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

You have to have the brake light on before the electric start will work.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree