More noises coming from my rear!!!!

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Old Dad
Noob
Noob

More noises coming from my rear!!!!

Post by Old Dad »

Ok, so my rear end noises have returned. Earlier this year I had heard a "flap" noise coming from the rear tire area. Turns out the hub was loose on the wheel. Got that fixed. Now, a couple of months later, I am hearing a loud "click" while moving. Only when there is weight on the bike too. On the center stand, no noises. I have tried to see if anyhting is rubbing, but, alas, nothing....

86 Elite 150
Storm
Goped
Goped

Re: More noises coming from my rear!!!!

Post by Storm »

Dude, you should lay off the beans :bowrofl:

Sorry, couldnt help myself with a thread title like this.

Seriously, this click- is it a constant thing or occasional e.g. when starting/stopping, leaning over etc?

Have you checked the oil in the final drive assembly on the back wheel end of the bike? Is the oil clean i.e not white and scungy?

Checked one of your vent hoses hasnt hardened and started rubbing on the wheel once under load(i.e when you are on it)

Just a couple ideas till a tech guru turns up. Good luck
Not one day that we are here on this earth is promised to us, so treat every day as if it is your last, and every breath as if it were the same

198? Honda Spree NQ50M (got parts of two different bike mixed up in there!)
Storm
Goped
Goped

Post by Storm »

Also, look at replacing the rear wheel bearings as they can result in nasty noises/damage
Not one day that we are here on this earth is promised to us, so treat every day as if it is your last, and every breath as if it were the same

198? Honda Spree NQ50M (got parts of two different bike mixed up in there!)
Old Dad
Noob
Noob

Post by Old Dad »

Its not a constant click, and the bike dosent have to even be on for the noise. I will check the things you mentioned...thanks