SB50p (Elite E) murdered left crank!!!

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

scootinroundatlanta
BMX
BMX

SB50p (Elite E) murdered left crank!!!

Post by scootinroundatlanta »

Ok so I was riding today and I found that my whole drive face assembly had come loose resulting in a huge loss of power. I opened up the assembly and tried to use my buddy's impact wrench to pull off the nut. The nut had come loose to let the drive face be very loose, but it now wouldn't move. After about 5 minutes of using the impact wrench, the nut finally came off to reveal that the crankshaft's threads as well as the nut's threads are so trashed that they can never be used again. I believe because I did a light pulley mod with a new belt,there was more pressure on the nut than ever before. Any suggestions on where to find a left-side crankshaft for less than $70, thats how it is listed on hondapartshouse.com.
I've got a scooter
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: SB50p (Elite E) murdered left crank!!!

Post by Trafficjamz »

scootinroundatlanta wrote:Ok so I was riding today and I found that my whole drive face assembly had come loose resulting in a huge loss of power. I opened up the assembly and tried to use my buddy's impact wrench to pull off the nut. The nut had come loose to let the drive face be very loose, but it now wouldn't move. After about 5 minutes of using the impact wrench, the nut finally came off to reveal that the crankshaft's threads as well as the nut's threads are so trashed that they can never be used again. I believe because I did a light pulley mod with a new belt,there was more pressure on the nut than ever before. Any suggestions on where to find a left-side crankshaft for less than $70, thats how it is listed on hondapartshouse.com.

Unless you can press the crank together.....I think you will need the whole thing.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight