Newbe spree Gaskets Parts options

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

snowworks
Noob
Noob

Newbe spree Gaskets Parts options

Post by snowworks »

Hello, :? newbe to this forum, but not new to repairing motors of all types. Just picked up this Spree 85 this spring. Mostly complete but needing work. This week I pulled the motor and drive and found it a mess. Sombody was in there and slaped it together because parts are missing ect. What I see is the main problem is the left motor case/ drive case is broken in two. I am pretty sure I can come up with the hard parts I need for cheap. But looking for gaskets ect Honda only makes the cylinder and head gasket. Rest is NLA. I also need the case half gasket, final drive gasket and the drive cover gasket. Versa makes a gasket kit it says it fits 86-87. Mine is a 85. What is the difference?? Has any body used this set?? Is it complete and with the crank seals? Or is there another company making them?? I also noticed that some have kick start and some not. Whas that an option put on all years??? So there must be some changes from 84 85 then 86 87. So any info on the proper parts and where to get gaskets ect. Let me know I want to ride!! Thanks Brian in MI :coolcruise:
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Newbe spree Gaskets Parts options

Post by Trafficjamz »

84-85 had no kicker

Here is every gasket needed to put you spree back together.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Sp ... _500wt_747

I have lots of spree cases if you need one let me know :thumbwink:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
snowworks
Noob
Noob

Re: Newbe spree Gaskets Parts options

Post by snowworks »

Thanks CBR on the tip of the gaskets. I also need to get crank seals I see he has them also. Any other seals I need to do the motor?? So the only main difference of the 84-5 and 86-7 is the kick starter?? My Spree says 1985 but the motor has a kicker on it so it may be a 86-7 motor. It also looks like there is some of the kicker start parts are missing. So I will get the hard parts first then the gaskets. I just found out a buddy has some spree parts. I will check it out. Thanks Brian