crankcase oil getting in cylinder

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: crankcase oil getting in cylinder

Post by dun rite »

superwez wrote:then explain why the oil coming out of the spark plug hole is gold (motor oil) and not blue (2-cycle oil).
I have a bottle of silkolene two stroke injector oil that is gold in color. not sure how many other colors are out there.
taz 50mm bbk, 51g. rollers,1500 c spring
24mm arreche, #20 pilot, E2 needle clip on lower groove
arreche air filter
Naruku intake, reeds & block
v8 pipe
stock gears
trail tech temp & rpm gauges
Pete M
Elite
Elite

Post by Pete M »

Or he thought he was winterizing it and put oil in the cylinder?
89 Elite E
tristen96
Noob
Noob

Post by tristen96 »

THis is exactly whatis going onwithmine. THe bike was laying on itsleft side for several hours, would that do it?
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

tristen96 wrote:THis is exactly whatis going onwithmine. THe bike was laying on itsleft side for several hours, would that do it?
There are only two ways to get excess oil in the crankcase of a 2 stroke engine.

1) a leaking oil pump.

2) someone mistakenly pouring oil in the engine, thinking that is how you winterize or preserve a 2 stroke engine.

Either case requires the oil be removed and the easiest is to pull the intake manifold and reeds and lay the scooter on it's side and drain the oil.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Scubasteve
Noob
Noob

Post by Scubasteve »

Hope I don't sound like a noob but there is supposed to be no oil in the crank? I recently put rings in my spree and there was oil in with the crank. I'm new with two strokes so I'm not sure. The spree starts and idles but won't hit high Rpms even with the back tire off the ground. It doesn't spray oil out with the plug removed either.
thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Post by thekingof7 »

Scubasteve wrote:Hope I don't sound like a noob but there is supposed to be no oil in the crank? I recently put rings in my spree and there was oil in with the crank. I'm new with two strokes so I'm not sure. The spree starts and idles but won't hit high Rpms even with the back tire off the ground. It doesn't spray oil out with the plug removed either.
Start a new thread, People don't like reading through 2 pages of a thread that has been dead for a year.