Elite isnt starting.

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Elite isnt starting.

Post by swimmingfree »

if it ran before it just lost its prime ..just a little gas oil mix in the spark plug hole is all it needs to get it going.....gas dose not go bad in 3 weeks but if the gas was old before you got it then maybe its bad...you may be doing the braking down the carb and clean it for nothing.... it cood even be a bad plug....
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
cdg1984
BMX
BMX

Post by cdg1984 »

swimmingfree wrote:if it ran before it just lost its prime ..just a little gas oil mix in the spark plug hole is all it needs to get it going.....gas dose not go bad in 3 weeks but if the gas was old before you got it then maybe its bad...you may be doing the braking down the carb and clean it for nothing.... it cood even be a bad plug.
swimmingfree
It didnt run fine before. It ran, but rough. It would almost bog down when I gave it gas, but eventually it would get up to speed. Thats how it rode yesterday. Then it sat for a few hours. Wasent wanting to start, but finally did. The idle was pretty high, and when I took off, didnt bog at all...quite the opposite, actually. After 1/2 a block it died on me. I tested the plug and it was fine. It looked pretty new, actually. However I dont know how old the gas is, ill change it and see how it goes.
cdg1984
BMX
BMX

Post by cdg1984 »

well I put some fresh fuel in her, and adjusted the throttle stop and air screw and shes running. Still a little rough, but starts up fine and stays runnin.
Elite_FiddyS
BMX
BMX

Post by Elite_FiddyS »

evilone wrote:
Elite_FiddyS wrote:The ethanol in the fuel couldve gummed up your carb. If you buy this stuff called starton and put it in your tank and shake it up the enzymes in it will eat the ethanol.
You got a link to that starton stuff? I googled with no luck.

Home Depot has something called trufuel that does not have any ethanol. But it's already pre-mixed 50:1 and is pricey. Great for small things like weedeaters.

http://mystarbrite.com/startron/

here you go my man

and yes gas can go bad in 3 weeks. I work at a motorcycle shop and we have had bikes come in with bad fuel issues within a week. The goverment just doesnt want us to have fun anymore.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

i wood run hight octane gas for a fue tanks to help cline thing out or a splash of seefoam ...
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet