Air leak Stage 3 big bore?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

daddyrat
Noob
Noob

Air leak Stage 3 big bore?

Post by daddyrat »

I finally went to SOS and got my Michigan registation tags for the scooters. I worried that one of the vin's might come back stolen from years ago, but they didn't, and are now legal. Yesterday, I decided to start them for the first time. One started and ran good. I ran it down the street and back and the jetting seemed good, the scooter ran pretty clean. It was fun.

The second scooter started and idled really high with the choke on. I finally shut off the choke and the idle went high and than wandered. It was slow to return to idle. I thought about an air leak and I and separated the gaskets on the intake and reassembled. No go, same thing. I sprayed fast start spray around the intake and got no increase idle. I don't suspect an airleak around the intake area now.

I turned my attention to the carb. It is one of Tazland001 21 mm carbs. The slide seemed to stick at the bottom of the slide travel. I pulled it apart but didn't see anything. I'm not sure if I somehow screwed up cable connection to the slide. It looks straight forward, but once again, it seems to catch when it is all the way down at the bottom and can be felt in the twist grip. I swapped this carb to the good running scooter and it seemed inconclusive. They both seemed to have a wandering idle than.

Do case seals go bad? Is there a way to check for a leaking case seal? Will the scooter run with the side cover off? The scooter ran before I did the top end with the carb intake. I could use some new ideas? Thanks...