Picture of kick start gears

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Buckeroo Bob
BMX
BMX

Picture of kick start gears

Post by Buckeroo Bob »

Anyone have a picture of the correct relationship of the kick start gears. I get them to work a few kicks and then the pedal just spin drops (gear teeth disengage) I know I'm only off by a little. A picture of the correct alignment would be very helpful.

BTW, this is a 1983 Urban Express (Nu50)
zadman2012
Goped
Goped

Re: Picture of kick start gears

Post by zadman2012 »

Buckeroo Bob wrote:Anyone have a picture of the correct relationship of the kick start gears. I get them to work a few kicks and then the pedal just spin drops (gear teeth disengage) I know I'm only off by a little. A picture of the correct alignment would be very helpful.

BTW, this is a 1983 Urban Express (Nu50)

I was just looking at that part of the driven face section in the manual. Search for "manual (scooter model) PDF" the kick start spring can pop off the hook it sits on, and also the notch on the "idle gear(?)" must be in the right spot in relation to kickstart gear.
I noticed my kickstarter didn't always catch and starting looking it up, and when opened the cover, looky there! -- pieces of my inner kickstart bushing laying on the bottom, and my kickstart spring was just about to pop right off the little stop peg... if it does, the kickstart hits bottom and stays there.

I really tried to get you a decent pic, but this computer is not mine and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get around the psycho security programs to get you a pic off of a pdf. If you can find the Aero 80 manual, the alignment marks are VERY similar to yours. Bear and motormike are a safe bet for a good pic though. :thumbsup: