Roller weights: grease or no grease?

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

zadman2012
Goped
Goped

Roller weights: grease or no grease?

Post by zadman2012 »

I have read much and the concensus is varied. Double-checking that what I see is still true:

1)about half of you run dry roller weights
2)about 1/4 run a sheen of light grease on the ramp plate like the manual says to do
3)the remainder grease the **** out of everything but the pulleys like Honda likes to do on 83-84 Aeros

Most of the posts concerning this topic are older so I was just looking for any changed opinions/thoughts.
Thanks folks. :woot:
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Roller weights: grease or no grease?

Post by Bear45-70 »

zadman2012 wrote:I have read much and the concensus is varied. Double-checking that what I see is still true:

2)about 1/4 run a sheen of light grease on the ramp plate like the manual says to do
3)the remainder grease the **** out of everything but the pulleys like Honda likes to do on 83-84 Aeros

Most of the posts concerning this topic are older so I was just looking for any changed opinions/thoughts.
NO GREASE! The manual is wrong. Honda no long uses grease either. No grease!
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
zadman2012
Goped
Goped

Re: Roller weights: grease or no grease?

Post by zadman2012 »

Bear45-70 wrote:
zadman2012 wrote:I have read much and the concensus is varied. Double-checking that what I see is still true:

NO GREASE! The manual is wrong. Honda no long uses grease either. No grease!

check. no grease. I hadn't used it, but was starting to worry if I'd screwed up by that. thanks. did clean a fair bit out of the ramp plate though before the new weights went in.