Thick White Exhaust

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Thick White Exhaust

Post by thekingof7 »

So I just replace my exhaust and muffler system on my 87 spree. Used a stock muffler purchased second hand for 30$ As I rode around for a bit I noticed I was creating a bit of a smoke screen behind me. I am leaning toward several conclusions. The first being that I dripped a little too much thread lock on the dowels and its burning off. The other is that the new pipe is causing to rich of a mixture.

While I'm at it I jut realized that I have been running with no air filter in the box. Gonna have to rectify that as well.

Any suggestions for either white smoke issue, or recommendations for good aftermarket filters? A part no for oreilly would be nice if possible :D

-Cheers.
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Thick White Exhaust

Post by martynkim »

thekingof7 wrote:So I just replace my exhaust and muffler system on my 87 spree. Used a stock muffler purchased second hand for 30$ As I rode around for a bit I noticed I was creating a bit of a smoke screen behind me. I am leaning toward several conclusions. The first being that I dripped a little too much thread lock on the dowels and its burning off. The other is that the new pipe is causing to rich of a mixture.

While I'm at it I jut realized that I have been running with no air filter in the box. Gonna have to rectify that as well.

Any suggestions for either white smoke issue, or recommendations for good aftermarket filters? A part no for oreilly would be nice if possible :D

-Cheers.

You likely have a lot of oil in that exhaust from the PO. Buy an OEM filter from Honda they are less than $5 and stop running it without one.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Post by thekingof7 »

Sounds good, is there a particular OEM supplier you can think of, preferably one which doesn't try to gouge me with 10.00$ in shippin on a 3 dollar part. :D

Also what is the OP. (I'm new and learning:D )

-Cheers
thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Post by thekingof7 »

Should've looked first. surprisingly enough, amazon had them with 3$ shipping. I have never found anything through them scooter related.
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

thekingof7 wrote:Sounds good, is there a particular OEM supplier you can think of, preferably one which doesn't try to gouge me with 10.00$ in shippin on a 3 dollar part. :D

Also what is the OP. (I'm new and learning:D )

-Cheers

PO... Previous Owner. Your LOCAL Honda dealer. Pick it up from them to avoid shipping.
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Post by thekingof7 »

As far as cleaning out the oil from the exhaust I'm assuming some sort of solvent soak, or the good old fashioned throw her in the fire trick?
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

thekingof7 wrote:As far as cleaning out the oil from the exhaust I'm assuming some sort of solvent soak, or the good old fashioned throw her in the fire trick?

Fire... yes or just let it burn off.
thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Post by thekingof7 »

Follow up to anyone with my issue. Just driving it around a good hour with lots of gunning on the motor solved my exhaust problems.

Appreciate the advice fellas.