84 spree, no start and pars needed

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

cadillacmob
Noob
Noob

84 spree, no start and pars needed

Post by cadillacmob »

i just picked up a 84 Honda Spree on craigslist,it has 21 miles on it. the mileage looks true and original. But the ignition switch was gone. The owner said the key was lost and he took the ignition out to get re-keyed but then lost it. i ordered a brand new ignition off ebay and it works fine except the bracket it mounts to is gone also. Anyone got one of those?

My second problem is i put a new battery in and the new ignition and the starter button dont work. Key on, brake lever squeezed and no start. i took the relay out and jumped the red wires and i got it running. when the key is turned on and i pull the brake lever it does not light up brighter only 1 stage. how can i fix that? Is that why the starter wont operate correctly?
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: 84 spree, no start and pars needed

Post by Bear45-70 »

Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

cadillacmob wrote:i just picked up a 84 Honda Spree on craigslist,it has 21 miles on it. the mileage looks true and original. But the ignition switch was gone. The owner said the key was lost and he took the ignition out to get re-keyed but then lost it. i ordered a brand new ignition off ebay and it works fine except the bracket it mounts to is gone also. Anyone got one of those?

My second problem is i put a new battery in and the new ignition and the starter button dont work. Key on, brake lever squeezed and no start. i took the relay out and jumped the red wires and i got it running. when the key is turned on and i pull the brake lever it does not light up brighter only 1 stage. how can i fix that? Is that why the starter wont operate correctly?

I have the bracket. PM for info.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
cadillacmob
Noob
Noob

Post by cadillacmob »

Does anyone know why when I squeez the brake levers nothin happens electrical wise.? The rear tail light does not light up brighter. Just stays on normal
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

cadillacmob wrote:Does anyone know why when I squeez the brake levers nothin happens electrical wise.? The rear tail light does not light up brighter. Just stays on normal

1157 bulb has 2 filiments 1 is out?
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

cadillacmob wrote:Does anyone know why when I squeez the brake levers nothin happens electrical wise.? The rear tail light does not light up brighter. Just stays on normal
ive had this problem aswell check you bulb as marty said, but there is also a switch the releases when you pull the lever it gets gunked up and stuck sometimes..
'89 Honda Elite SB50p STOCK
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 STOCK sold
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 48mm bbk, taz gears, 18mm carb w/ ct intake
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock In The Works ;)
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock