1984 or 85 honda gyro part

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Culli
BMX
BMX

1984 or 85 honda gyro part

Post by Culli »

Hi
I bought a 84 gyro on ebay and now have it running, but come to find out it is missing some important parts. The first part is the air duct that channels air to the motor fan. I notice when riding for awhile that it makes a fluttering noise, after cooling off it seems to go away. Not sure what makes the fluttering noise but it sounds like a belt, anyway I think the duct would keep cooler air going to the motor. The other part missing was the cdi box...Not sure how important it is, but I made one out of plastic...I may have to make an air duct...anyone have an air duct or any suggestions? Thanks

Culli
motormike

Re: 1984 or 85 honda gyro part

Post by motormike »

Hello Culli.... :hi:
Your Subject line indicates you believe the air duct will fit both '84 & '85 gyro.
This is not the case. 1984 NN50 is a one year only model, completely different than 1985 & 86 TG50.

RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Culli
BMX
BMX

Post by Culli »

Yes,
I realize they are different, my hope was to see if i could make it work perhaps with some modification. Any ideas on this? It appears to be there to channel air from underneath while driving and could work even if a little different in size. Thanks.

Culli
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Any ideas on this? It appears to be there to channel air from underneath while driving and could work even if a little different in size
Yes, the OEM part ls a little like a snorkel. It rises up off the case and it's inlet points forwards. The top of the inlet is about the height of the airbox.. It pulls in cooler air coming in the 'grille' opening at front of the engine cover, along with helping to keep water, rocks :) dust and grass kicked up by rear tires out of the fan.

I've run around w/o the part, but 'Princess Gyro' is a fair weather ride.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Culli wrote:Yes,
I realize they are different, my hope was to see if i could make it work perhaps with some modification. Any ideas on this? It appears to be there to channel air from underneath while driving and could work even if a little different in size. Thanks.

Culli
Oh, okay...i get the picture... :thumbwink:
I will take a look at my spares to see if one of those from an '86 is still there.
I wouldn't get too excited yet... :confused:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Culli
BMX
BMX

Post by Culli »

Ok, Thank you for your response and for looking for something similiar that may work.

Culli