Corsa Confused

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

SpamMusubi4Life
Spree
Spree

Re: Corsa Confused

Post by SpamMusubi4Life »

And any chance I can score a cheap scorpion pipe?
'85 Honda Aero AF16 Corsa
ALL
DAY
SpamMusubi4Life
Spree
Spree

Post by SpamMusubi4Life »

And how do I know if my tuning is correct???? If its running lean or rich? I would like to know. I read that running it lean will ruin your bore or you lose power over time.
'85 Honda Aero AF16 Corsa
ALL
DAY
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Quoth Spam:
And how do I know if my tuning is correct???? If its running lean or rich? I would like to know.
If you were sincere in that assertion, you would have done a little more reading in Performance Tech or WIKI. A temperature gauge and/or spark plug inspection can help assess excessively lean mixtures before your cylinder and piston become scorched as your pics at the top of this thread reveal. I think it's safe to say you were lean unless your "6 Caps per Dollar" Oiling ratio was foiled by fluctuating gasoline prices.

Seriously, a greater level of precision - or at least Mom's Measuring cup - is needed to make sure the engine is breathing enough oil. Using Someone Elses's jetting recommendations can only get you in the Ballpark. Your observations - and knowing what to look for - are necessary to fine-tune.

That said, a Corsa doesn't need a 28mm to run well and fast. TreatLand.TV sells 21 to 28 or 30 for the same prices. I chose 26mm, and if it helps, I'm still deciding between a 45 and 48 Pilots and 122-125 Main. Remember Your needs may vary.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Those jetting king recommended are for a 28mm oko. The 24mm is easier to tune in my opinion for the Corsa, I ran a 28 and had better power at 10k+ but had a slight bog if you dont roll onto the throttle just right. With the 24mm I didnt have any issues at any rpm.
Youre also on the island so try to follow the jetting guidelines those guys give you. That sweet rich air you have over there is a lot different than the recirculated low land crap we have here on the mainland.
sleeperscoot
Noob
Noob

Post by sleeperscoot »

WoW you locals are so far off on tuning and gear ratios thats why i have so much fun smoking you guys.....
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

When you make a general statement like that you look and sound like a moron. Show some proof of your "great" wisdom next time and help out rather.
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Im lookin to go down to a 24mm..really crisp with the setup i have..28mm on this bike has been a little more tricky to tune..its as good as its gunna get now.. My jetting is 125/52..130..132..135 were all to rich..the 125 worked the best.. Plug chopped many times.. My old setup corsa 28mm,pg and 6.9 stock boost port was 142/50..
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Dio you live in florida where air temp and humidity is different. Did you play with the needle clip settings and use a temp gauge? What method are you using for plug chop? Are you inspecting the soot ring or just the general color of the plug. How much oil do you use per gallon?
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

I kno i was just telling my jet settings..32:1..no cht.. No didnt chop by the soot ring i know the way i did wasnt correct for a 2 stroke.. Ive learned by feel and sound to tune basically.. Cheap way lol
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Clip setting is in the middle
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Downsouthdio wrote:I kno i was just telling my jet settings..32:1..no cht.. No didnt chop by the soot ring i know the way i did wasnt correct for a 2 stroke.. Ive learned by feel and sound to tune basically.. Cheap way lol
Then how do you know your running too rich or lean. Feel and sound get close but not that close. You need to play with your clip settings. Remember if your gonna drop your main small you need to run leas
Oil
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Ive been tuning my bikes that way for a good while now.. Ur right about playin with the needle.. But i know its not running lean.. I do want to run a fuel pump..actually am going to real soon
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Downsouthdio wrote:Ive been tuning my bikes that way for a good while now.. Ur right about playin with the needle.. But i know its not running lean.. I do want to run a fuel pump..actually am going to real soon
How do you know its not running lean?
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Because i kno its not.. I slam the throttle everywhere i go.. Highways long runs.. Not even a hiccup.. Been the same for a while now.. If it was starving for fuel.. It would let me know rather quickly after holding the throttle as long as i do... Ive used 145 and everything down to the 125.. I have plenty of jets.. Tried lots of combinations
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Downsouthdio wrote:Because i kno its not.. I slam the throttle everywhere i go.. Highways long runs.. Not even a hiccup.. Been the same for a while now.. If it was starving for fuel.. It would let me know rather quickly after holding the throttle as long as i do... Ive used 145 and everything down to the 125.. I have plenty of jets.. Tried lots of combinations
Ok running lean doesnt nessisarily mean the bike will "hiccup" you could be a few jets off of where you need to be and your bike will still be lean and your bore will wear out. Did you add less oil to the pre mix after going down so small. You have three different things burning in there. Air,gas, and oil. Adding either more air or more oil to that will "lean you out". See what im saying? Your plugs could be black or wet from too much oil in the mixture causing you to runn lean. Anytime you add more air or oil you go up on jet size visa versa