This rotten tilpipe

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

thekingof7
Goped
Goped

This rotten tilpipe

Post by thekingof7 »

87 Spree here, stock.

So I seem to keep having to re mount my tail pipe as it shakes around due to bumps and such, the seal made with the exhaust port weakens and causes the scoot to become incredibly loud.
Usually things old up fine with the attachment to the fender piece is solid, but the hole in the plastic has ripped allowing more "bounce" to happen. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Perhaps I coul rig up som sort of re enforcement out of aluminum to attach from the rear mounting point of the exhaust to the frame itself.

Any words of wisdom/warning.

Thanks guys.
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: This rotten tilpipe

Post by martynkim »

pictures of this would really help :bs:
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

This rotten tilpipe

Post by abreen89 »

U should have 2 bolts too the engine 1 too the fender and 2 studs at the head? U obviously are missing the 2 10mn bolts that go into the block on either side of the shroud
'89 Honda Elite SB50p STOCK
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 STOCK sold
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 48mm bbk, taz gears, 18mm carb w/ ct intake
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock In The Works ;)
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock
thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Post by thekingof7 »

no guys reread. :D

All of these parts you are listed are mounted. The issue I am having the attachment to the fender. That single screw mounting has worn through the plastic to which it was attached. This is allows excess play and causing it to jiggle off of proper position in on the head.

I was thinking of making some sort of mount on the actual frame itself. it wouldnt have to be pretty. :D
thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Post by thekingof7 »

martynkim wrote:pictures of this would really help :bs:
Do you have a problem with this marty? I'm not sure what "*" you are calling out.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

.. no guys reread. :D.

So I seem to keep having to re mount my tail pipe as it shakes around due to bumps and such, the seal made with the exhaust port weakens and causes the scoot to become incredibly loud.
So, you have two issues?

I agree with earlier replies - This part sounds like an issue between the 2 mounting bolts to the case and the exhaust flange mounting. Those three points form the exhaust mount.
..The issue I am having the attachment to the fender. That single screw mounting has worn through the plastic to which it was attached. This is allows excess play and causing it to jiggle off of proper position in on the head....Perhaps I could rig up some sort of re enforcement out of aluminum to attach from the rear mounting point of the exhaust to the frame itself.
On the fender hole issue, if the original fender mount ties to the exhaust, I'm not sure how the proposed bracket to frame accounts for suspension travel.
thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Post by thekingof7 »

No no :D

Well I just realized that I was missing spacers between the bolts on my exhaust got that remedied and we will see how things go.
I was under the impression that the the fender piece attached at the pipe's end did a little more suspension for the part of the tailpipe.
The plastic has given which means the connection to the fender is no more.
As far is a three point exhaust mount, everything seems to now be order there. I just worry about excess shaking on the end of the tailpipe as the connection to the fender is gone.