lots of new mods on 2000 elite not happy need help

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

jrocco
Noob
Noob

lots of new mods on 2000 elite not happy need help

Post by jrocco »

I recently purchased 2000 elite sa 50 sr in mint conditon ran excellent but toped out at 38 mph. was looking to get 50 55 mph and seems easy to get to with some modifcations. so after some reaserch i purchased polini pulley , polini clutch , 9 to 1 asn gears 1000 rpm tourqe spring , new belt , and 26mm
yms exhaust from jigawayne. had a honda mechanic install these items and do have a better top end of about 43 to 45 mph i new i would loose some low end but from 0 to 30 seems off or tight to me or something is holding it back from its potential and also not seeing the top end like i thought i would but engine runs good would appreciate and insight before i take it back to him. THANKS
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Re: lots of new mods on 2000 elite not happy need help

Post by fastplastic »

I would try a 1.5 center spring and maybe start thinkin about a bbk u might not have enough power... Did u rejet and knock out the tabs in ur airbox?
jrocco
Noob
Noob

Post by jrocco »

I do have a 2000 center spring and mechanic told me i do not have to jet i will knock out tabs in air box. i have to floor it to take off and stay on it till about 30ish and is slow while doing that seems like the power is there just not tuned right and using more gas wondering if rollers are to heavy
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

You need a tach. Only way to tell what your engine is trying to do. Sounds like its shifted to 2nd/high gear too soon from the way you say low end sucks. Also a 26mm exhaust may be too large to gain enough torque. The 1.5 or 2k center contra spring is what I would suggest to try also. As long as the engine sounds strong I would think transmission. Delicate battle.
jrocco
Noob
Noob

Post by jrocco »

ok fellas will try thanks also wondering if he could have put restrictive plate back on pulley not sure if that is even possible
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Your mechanic is clueless. Anytime you change a variable you need to rejet. Sounds like a rejet and trans tune is in order. Why not just get a bbk your wasting time. Stock pipe
And trans is the best for a stock bore. A variator will help a little but clutch springs and a pipe will make things worse
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
jrocco
Noob
Noob

Post by jrocco »

ok im gettin confused i went by wikispreedia upgrade path, and bits and pieces on here and by part suppliers as far as the exhaust its not a high performance racing one its rated stock to 72cc and comparable to a honda dio or derestricted factory exhaust i definetly need a trans tune but dont know what ?
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

you have not really done any thing to increase the power of your engine.

get a bbk and go 55 with ease.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

jrocco wrote:ok im gettin confused i went by wikispreedia upgrade path, and bits and pieces on here and by part suppliers as far as the exhaust its not a high performance racing one its rated stock to 72cc and comparable to a honda dio or derestricted factory exhaust i definetly need a trans tune but dont know what ?
Trail and error
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

A correctly derestricted sa-50 will due 53mph, what you did was all wrong.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

Gladdog wrote:A correctly derestricted sa-50 will due 39.9 mph.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

jrocco wrote:I do have a 2000 center spring and mechanic told me i do not have to jet i will knock out tabs in air box. i have to floor it to take off and stay on it till about 30ish and is slow while doing that seems like the power is there just not tuned right and using more gas wondering if rollers are to heavy
If you knock out the 2nd tab I suggest you up-jet maybe to 80 or even 85 with the new pipe.
Do not use a 2000 rpm torque spring. 1000 is perfect for stock with 9to1's. 9 gram rollers.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
jrocco
Noob
Noob

Post by jrocco »

thanks bonevs ok that helps cause im about to tear into now and gonna mess around with the rollers and leave tourque spring alone he installed the lightest rollers the polinni pulley came with which is 5.3 i have 6.9 which im gonna install and see if that makes a turn in the right direction
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Oh you didn't say what weight of rollers. In my opinion you should be somewhere around 8 or 9 grams.

But yours may vary some as the springs also play a big part in the delicate balance here.

Keep trying and let us know what you finally settle on. :happy:
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
jrocco
Noob
Noob

Post by jrocco »

well im glad i got my hands dirty and seen how every thing works i installed the 6.9 's and knocked out hole in air box i do bog a little unless i open it up at take off and low end still sucks but midrange ia alot better and can cruise at 35 all day an top out at about 43 mph which i couldnt do before mods my next step is to invest in main jet and heavier rollers i gotta get that take off better i believe its all in the trans