piston help

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

mauricio328
Noob
Noob

piston help

Post by mauricio328 »

So my spree wasn't running and I thought it was the carb. My buddy came by and threw some oil in the cylinder head. The 1986 spree fired right up. I'm guessing its the rings that are done right? I just need to know what else it could be. I have a 1988 elite I can take parts from. What parts should i take other than the rings? The spree is back at school and im home so i need to take all the necessary parts back to school.
stucinthe80z
Spree
Spree

Re: piston help

Post by stucinthe80z »

if the elite runs wh dont you do a motor swap. it would take about the same amount of time this would give you the benifit of a more power better speed the ability to climb hills insted of finding another way. but first do a compression test to see for sure it is youre rings it could just need some carb care .
Attachments
scooter pics 001.JPG
scooter pics 001.JPG (154.04 KiB) Viewed 1551 times
mauricio328
Noob
Noob

Re: piston help

Post by mauricio328 »

The elite hasn't been started in a long time. Will the elite jug and piston fit the spree? And where can I get the necessary gaskets? Will it normally start if the jug is done? After we dropped the oil in the cylinder it was running great for hours. Thanks again for the help.