nooby here needs some help getting elite 50 to run

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

azndude3141
Noob
Noob

nooby here needs some help getting elite 50 to run

Post by azndude3141 »

my moped used to start and run perfectly. but after a year of not riding/ starting it, it wont start anymore. i tried taking it apart and i put it back together and i got it to start (kickstart) but it runs at very low rpm and when i give it slight amount of throttle, it dies. als, when i put it back together, the signals dont work anymore but all the other electronics work. (except for starter because battery is completely dead). any tips on what i could do to get it back running again?
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: nooby here needs some help getting elite 50 to run

Post by martynkim »

Start witha a new battery and good carb cleaning. Likely you forgot to re attach something or have a bad ground when it comes to the lights.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
sirtokalotadank
BMX
BMX

Post by sirtokalotadank »

Hey man like MARTY said Clean The Carb and make sure u clean the tube under the main jet and the inner walls that the Main Jet n Tube sit in real good with carb cleaner becuz i had same problem with it dying when giving the littlest bit of throttle and it was 2 tiny holes on the side of the tube under the Main Jet they get clogged and are very tiny so make sure u get em good.....And also like MARTY said check all ur grounds and if everything is grounded correctly then its either ur Turn Signal Relay and that aint it then its got be something up with Voltage Regulator / Rectifier or its wiring but im almost sure if all ur grounds are correctly grounded then its ur TURN SIGNAL RELAY......Let me know if carb clean fixes it and let me know bout ur SIGNALS.....
stucinthe80z
Spree
Spree

Post by stucinthe80z »

if the batery is dead with the pull currant draw of the tail light there is mot enough left for the turnsignal which is a 20 watt draw apossed to the 11 watt draw of the tail lamp and if you think of electricity as water it will flow on the easy path.as far as you head light and dash light they work off the ac leg of the scooter same leg as the cdi and the coil.
thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Post by thekingof7 »

A bit of dopey info, but when my battery decided to die overnight, the first thing I noticed (after lack of starter) was that the signals nor horn worked very well unless the throttle was at least halfway open. This could be a nice idiot check for your problem. :D
swflcarl
Spree
Spree

Post by swflcarl »

The magic of corn-sqeez'n in your carb.

Do a proper cleaning of the carb... the resources are at wikispreedia. Ensure you get the all the circuits clean - don't forget the pilot circuit too.

Replace your gas too...

If your battery is low / dead most of the electric stuff won't work properly unless you are spinning the throttle up to get the stator to put out enough voltage. Don't focus on that.

Take you time and get a couple of cans of carb cleaner.... and you will be back in business.
I'm more than happy to explain it to you. I'll even draw you a picture! But I can't understand it for you.

'86 Spree - Gone
'86 Spree - Gone
'85 Aero 50 - Gone
'94 Elite SR - Gone
'96 Elite SR - Gone
'01 Elite S
'85 Gyro - Its Alive