Original battery setup in 1983 modified Urban Express

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Buckeroo Bob
BMX
BMX

Original battery setup in 1983 modified Urban Express

Post by Buckeroo Bob »

I'm putting back together a 1983 Urban Express with 12v system. The wiring was all hacked up on the junker bike I acquired and I want to run it with the battery as Honda originally intended. I think the owner of this scooter had done the conversion to run without the battery after looking at the wiring. I was to get it back to original. Can anyone steer me to a "How to" page about this? ALso, there seem to be more plugs than necessary in the wiring harness. I'm assuming all the electronics I need are the CDI and the tiny rectifier and the flashers. Is this true? I've removed the oil tank and fitted the external battery box right in the hole where the oil tank was...a perfect fit so I don't have to secure the goofy looking external battery box on the outside. Any help is greatly appreciated.
patthesoundguy

Re: Original battery setup in 1983 modified Urban Express

Post by patthesoundguy »

The manual is available on the web for that beast with a diagram for the electrics, if it is anything like the regular express there isn't much too it. A battery a rectifier, a coil a condenser some lights and switches really. I have the manual I think if you can't find it I can always send it along. I'll go look maybe I can find the link for you. As soon as I find it I'll post the link here for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Re: Original battery setup in 1983 modified Urban Express

Post by patthesoundguy »

Here is the link to download the shop manual for the urban express,
http://projectmopedmanual.info/Manuals/ ... manual.pdf

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock