does the elite sb50p and sa50 use the same carb?-

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

azndude3141
Noob
Noob

does the elite sb50p and sa50 use the same carb?-

Post by azndude3141 »

my mpoed will run perfectly for about 5 minutes and then it would just run like crap. it will then start very easily but will bog down or have really low top speed (like 7 mph). i left it sitting about a year ago and it wouldnt even start. but after i cleaned the carb out, it started and ran perfect for only about 5 minutes at a time. im gonna buy a new carb (non oem)off ebay that will work for the sa50 and it even has a new bystarter and i am wondering if it will work with my sb50p. thanks
dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: does the elite sb50p and sa50 use the same carb?-

Post by dun rite »

don't know if the carb will interchange or not, but it sounds like the bystarter or bystarter circuit in the carb is malfunctioning. Test the bystarter quote from the wiki " One way to test it before you install it on the bike; hold the yellow lead on the positive terminal and the green lead on the negative terminal of the spree's battery. It is better if you do this carefully with some alligator clips, but if you are patient, you should(very slowly) see the needle valve move outwards as long as you hold it there(to an extent of course). If it moves, you know it's operating good; if it doesn't, then either you didn't install it correctly, or you need a new by-starter. " or reclean the bystarter circuit as outlined in the

read up on the bystarter here http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... at_It_Does might save you the cost of a carburetor.
taz 50mm bbk, 51g. rollers,1500 c spring
24mm arreche, #20 pilot, E2 needle clip on lower groove
arreche air filter
Naruku intake, reeds & block
v8 pipe
stock gears
trail tech temp & rpm gauges
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The carbs for the two models are very similar, but the SE/05 and SA16 carb bystarters are on the wrong side, and will foul the spring damper on your SB. I suspect the pilot circuits are too rich as well. Chinese clone carbs have reportedly had quality issues, beware. Better find a good used Honda article.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

i would probably check compression first if it dosent run when hot..
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
Pete M
Elite
Elite

Post by Pete M »

The two carbs are not interchangeable. Your carburator needs to be cleaned properly. When the bystarter heats up and closes the fuel enrichment circuit, your engine is running lean because of plugged or dirty carb. You might also check your fuel filter in the tank to make sure you have proper fuel flow.
89 Elite E