Seized!!

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Seized!!

Post by swimmingfree »

i thing on the brake but no on the shock you have to move were it mounts to the frame...
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
RBYM
Noob
Noob

Post by RBYM »

It seems like too much work to do, especially to find all the parts and is going to cost me money I don't have. lol

Anyone have a spare drop in engine? Or engine parts they have lying around they will sell cheaply?
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

why don't you unseize your engine?
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
RBYM
Noob
Noob

Post by RBYM »

Your joking??^^ lol

I though about sanding the piston and cylinder down and fresh gaskets, maybe it will run lol
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

Even if he unseizes it, he won't reach his goal of 45 mph on the spree motor. You have to either swap in a different motor or search for a different scooter.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

the engine swap is easy no welding needed just shave the mount ends to fit your spree frame and drill a new hole thru the frame for the shock mount shove a bolt thru the hole with some nylock nuts to lock it in and bobs your uncle
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

You can sometimes bring a cylinder and piston back from the dead, but you may want to just order a new piston and ring set from tazland001. Then hone the cylinder and ride the crap out it. The swap sounds like the way to go though. To get 45 out of a spree for a daily driver might not be an attainable goal. Look at it this way an aero 80 in stock form won't cruise at 45 out of the box, it needs to have the main Jet swapped out and better reeds to do 45 mph consistently. Swap to a variated power plant looks like the way to go here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

RBYM wrote:Your joking??^^ lol

I though about sanding the piston and cylinder down and fresh gaskets, maybe it will run lol

no im not, this is a two stoke engine and there are not alot of parts to stop it from moving. if its not your top end then maybe its 1 of 2 bearings or a warped crankshaft. so 3 parts? you see spree cranks with bearing on them on ebay all the time so really 1 part.

the poster did send 500 on his spree, i understand why he doesnt want to drop another 400 into it. $900 buys alot of bike
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
RBYM
Noob
Noob

Post by RBYM »

Crank had no up and down play. I sanded down the piston and cylinder and used rtv as a gasket. Compression is really good and the engine spins freely.

Only problem now is I don't have spark! Anyone have an ideal why?
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

well you had spark before so its something you did.

obviously the key is "on" and the turn switch set to "run", your fuse is good, and your pulling the brake lever ect,

might be time to get a ohm meter or the more simple 12v light bulb tester
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

mmeadows wrote:well you had spark before so its something you did.

obviously the key is "on" and the turn switch set to "run", your fuse is good, and your pulling the brake lever ect,

The brake lever and fuse have nothing to do with spark.

make sure you have a good ground from the frame of the scooter to the engine block.

Did you mess up the windings on the stator when you were trying to get the flywheel off?
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

Hardest part of a dio swap is finding a dio motor. Other hard parts are making a new upper shock mount and making s kick stand work. Other than that, its straight forward.

Yes, you will need an elite brake cable
RBYM
Noob
Noob

Post by RBYM »

Trafficjamz wrote:

make sure you have a good ground from the frame of the scooter to the engine block.

Did you mess up the windings on the stator when you were trying to get the flywheel off?

I tried taking off the flywheel, held it with a screwdriver. It hit the stator. It didn't seem to mess anything up on it but I guess it did.

I sanded down the piston and cyl and now it spins freely with lots of compression. Just no spark now.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

RBYM wrote:
Trafficjamz wrote:

I tried taking off the flywheel, held it with a screwdriver. It hit the stator. It didn't seem to mess anything up on it but I guess it did.

I sanded down the piston and cyl and now it spins freely with lots of compression. Just no spark now.

I does not take much to mess it up. I did the same thing to my first scooter.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

you could always put in an aero motor