NEED help!

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

edoggdoremus
Goped
Goped

NEED help!

Post by edoggdoremus »

My idiot friend put mixed gas/oil fuel into my honda spree when he was borrowing it today. I guess he drove a little ways on it fine until it bogged down and died. I siphoned out all the mixed gas, drained the carb, and put in regular fuel. It revs all the way up when on it's stand but is completely bogged down when i try and ride it. It reaches 10mph at the most if it doesn't die trying to get there. Does anybody know what damage mixed fuel would do to a moped? Could this even be the problem? The carb was completely cleaned before this and it ran perfectly hitting 35 mph.
-aL-
Elite
Elite

Post by -aL- »

clean the carb again
Ridin' Dirty on one of my 1989 Honda Elite E's
OZZYDUDE
Noob
Noob

Post by OZZYDUDE »

http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3

Go here to learn how to clean carb incase you don't know how to.
edoggdoremus
Goped
Goped

Post by edoggdoremus »

I hand cleaned the carb perfectly before. I'm just wondering if mixed oil/gas will clog any parts if ran on a honda spree before i go cleaning the carb again. Fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel lines?
-aL-
Elite
Elite

Post by -aL- »

clean it all
Ridin' Dirty on one of my 1989 Honda Elite E's
edoggdoremus
Goped
Goped

Post by edoggdoremus »

okay, but again, just for my own knowledge, does running mixed oil/gas fuel clog parts in engines that have an automatic lube system and take regular fuel. I know doing the opposite and putting unmixed gas into like a weed whacker can really f it up.
jbarb
Spree
Spree

Post by jbarb »

I am running premix only in my spree, I capped off the injection lines. What kind of oil did they use and what was it mixed to?
mikeb
BMX
BMX

Post by mikeb »

i wouldn't take anything apart to clean it. bikes that run premix have fuel filters, jets, and fuel lines. that isn't going to matter.

what will matter is that your plug is probably fouled!
go change that and report back.

i have actually started some of my bikes on premix with just a little in the tank so that i don't have to worry about the oil pump being completely bled and the motor starting without proper lubrication. then when i'm sure all is good, i just dillute the crap out of the premix by topping off the tank - no biggie!
1980 motobecane sebring : 1989 razz : 1985 spree : 1987 spree : 1986 spree : 2002 yamaha vino :1971 cb100 : 1998 civic : 2002 s2000
islandbayy
Elite
Elite

Post by islandbayy »

Add a whole can of SeaFoam, top off the tank, and drive the crap out of it.
Owner of K-Man Auto, Scooters, & Electric Cars
Home of Wisconsin's First Street Legal DOT Licensed Electric Cars!
http://KmanScooters.com
http://MilwaukeeEV.com
se50
Spree
Spree

Post by se50 »

At least he didn't run it without oil. I bought a STIHL 039 chainsaw (64.1 cc's, bigger than my Elite) on eBay, knowing it had a wrecked engine. It was very obvious it had been run wiithout 2 stroke oil. Very deep scoring, and the rings were scored too. The bar oil tank was filled with 2 stroke oil. :D
1982 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr 1.6l diesel (5 speed)
1987 Honda Elite SE50p with drilled out main jet, shaved head, UNI filter
1985 Kawasaki Bayou 185 ATV
1984 Yamaha IT200 enduro
1974 Piaggio/Vespa Ciao moped, pocketbike exhaust.
Gamemedic
Spree
Spree

Post by Gamemedic »

If you run mix in the tank and run the oil injector to you are leaning the crap out of your air/fuel mix. Oil is not combustable.(It will burn but not expand like gas) When you have 1 part oil(injector) 9 parts gas 20 parts air.(for example) You have good combustion. If you add oil to the gas, now you have 4 parts oil, 6 parts gas and 20 parts air. (LEAN) The oil displaces the gas. Check your plug and see if its white, or you might of got lucky and fouled it first.
Just a thought..
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

Not so much as lean it out, but it just wont run due to fouling of the plug because of the excess of oil. If there is less gas, the oil/gas mix wont burn therefore your plug will foul easily.
edoggdoremus
Goped
Goped

Post by edoggdoremus »

sea-foamed it and changed the spark plug with a new one that i had lying around for a while. Tried kickstarting it for 20 minutes with nothing doing until i realized i smelt gas and saw that i had forgot to close the drain on the carb. But anyways it was the spark plug that got fouled up. seafoamed it and get +3 more mph on the thing and runs like she did before. thanks for the help, just in time for the weekend.