a couple questions

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

charleswymer
Goped
Goped

a couple questions

Post by charleswymer »

ok so i have a 94 honda elite 50 that i bought a year ago and it came all torn apart in boxes. i finally graduated college this spring :woot: and have the to money to buy the missing parts. so far i have a big bore kit from taz, the 9 to 1 gears, a ruckus variator, the exhaust washer is drilled out and i will be removing the "second tab". my question is with these mods will the 100 jet that came with the bbk work or should i order a bigger one? also the bearing that goes in the piston "around the piston pin" is that a common bearing to get at a hardware store (if so which one and what size is it) or would it be better to just order it from a honda dealer?
2012 yamaha zuma 50f (daily driver)
1994 honda elite s (project)
1993 honda elite 50
dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: a couple questions

Post by dun rite »

order the bearing from honda or taz. And the 100 jet should be fine. ran almost the same setup except the variator in my 94 for around 600 miles no problem. went with dif exhaust and carb after that.
taz 50mm bbk, 51g. rollers,1500 c spring
24mm arreche, #20 pilot, E2 needle clip on lower groove
arreche air filter
Naruku intake, reeds & block
v8 pipe
stock gears
trail tech temp & rpm gauges
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Re: a couple questions

Post by maddog »

jetting depends on what size bore kit you have, carb size, the 9 to 1 gears are way off unless you like pop wheelies- try 7 to 1 ratio if you want speed.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!