my moped is bogging out

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Kolb706
BMX
BMX

my moped is bogging out

Post by Kolb706 »

hello everyone i have a honda elite s with a 102cc full counter stroker motor. when i start my moped, it idles fine but when i throttle it just bogs like crazy. what could be my problem!?
Kolb706
BMX
BMX

Re: my moped is bogging out

Post by Kolb706 »

i was riding it last night and i stop at a gas station to put gas and this new oil i bought called caster. then i filled it up. when i started it, this problem started to happend. i change the spark plug this morning. now my bike runs better but when i go like 30mph then it starts bogging out. i need help!
Kolb706
BMX
BMX

Post by Kolb706 »

28oko. and im not too sure
Kolb706
BMX
BMX

Post by Kolb706 »

caster 127
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Too much air.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

to many variables we need more info
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

i mean setup carb, intake, jets ,bore ,ported or not , exhaust???????
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Start from the beginning. Is the motor bike broken in? If not changing oils is a bad idea. That castor oil is a whole different beast from normal two stroke. It comes from beans. I did a little research on it, its supposed to be good oil but its said to be more gummy sometimes and leave more deposits on the top end. Did the motor run fine before you put in the castor? Different oils have different characteristics so the castor could be thicker or flow differently than what oil you were using when you set up the carb originally. Especially if you are running premix which is likely if you are running such a large bore. Just adding a bunch too much oil and not getting it mixed up in the tank well enough could really throw it off. More oil means less fuel so it runs lean. Usually stuff isn't that sensitive but stranger things happen. And that oil may require a hotter plug to burn off the deposits and keep it clean. I say if it ran fine right until the fill up and the change to the new oil, the oil is a culprit drain the tank and go back to what you were using before for oil. I had weird issues before using a racing specific oil in my express with the big bore kit on it. Long story short I should have stuck to what worked in the first place for oil.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Kolb706
BMX
BMX

Post by Kolb706 »

the funny part is that idk what kine oil the bike was running before cause i just bought this lol. any suggestions on what oil i should use? oh and yeah i think the problem is that the oil is too thick and i added too much
Kolb706
BMX
BMX

Post by Kolb706 »

Oh I got a 51mm bore. Idk what kind. Pg long and a 28oko
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Don't over think it is the key. You may need to drain the tank mix a precise batch of fuel oil mix in a gas can and give it a go with the fresh plug you put in already. Did the previous owner give you a mix ratio of what percentage of oil to fuel to put in the tank, for example 35:1? If the carb was tuned for running 50:1 mix and you ran 35:1 that could be lean and need an up jet. If you don't have that ratio, you may need to pick one and jet the carb to match. Or if you didn't have a way to measure the oil at the gas station, the fresh batch of fuel at say 35:1 may be all that's needed, you may have had an oil glob end up in the carb, I had it happen once, I had to open the bowl drain screw and bleed oil out of the carb on the side of the road ;-)

84 Spree stock
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Kolb706
BMX
BMX

Post by Kolb706 »

okay so i cleaned my carb and stuff and put fresh gas with the same oil. now my moped runs better and i was playing with the idle and the mix screw. but when it goes past like around 30mph, it starts to make a over rev sound
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Does it rev up really fast from 30mph onward? ;-) if its actually reving and not bogging at that point you are doing good :-) have you ever had a tuned pipe before?

84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Kolb706
BMX
BMX

Post by Kolb706 »

idk but i think this pipe is tuned
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

A pg long is a tuned pipe as far as I know. I have a feeling the overreving sound is the pipe doing its job. I'm hoping it is anyway. When you get into the rpm range of a tuned pipe the sound will change big time It almost has a the sound of a bumble bee at triple speed In a tin can ;-) . Its quite a feeling the first time you experience it.

84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock