Front forks on a 88 Honda Elite E

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

rookyandb
Noob
Noob

Front forks on a 88 Honda Elite E

Post by rookyandb »

So I'm in the middle of rebuilding this 88 Honda Elite E and was curious about my front forks, is there any other forks that would fit on this scooter that would allow a larger tire in the front? Was wanting to fit a 90/90-10. Since I'm on the subject of tires I was also curious on the biggest tire I could fit in the rear? I've found a few topics on here about that but they're wasn't a real answer on what the biggest is but rather what people like to run. :?

Edit: Found this thread which answered a little more of my question but no one said if it was a straight swap or if any modification was required.
88 Honda Elite E (SB50P) - currently in the works
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Re: Front forks on a 88 Honda Elite E

Post by Kevinstonge »

sounds like you need an 87 se50 fork, metro front wheel, and elite brake panel (93-98??). maybe the 87 se50 axle hardware as well. You definitely wont regret it. going with a disc brake front end would be the best option of course. but thats only if you want to make it rain on your scoot 8)
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

rookyandb wrote:So I'm in the middle of rebuilding this 88 Honda Elite E and was curious about my front forks, is there any other forks that would fit on this scooter that would allow a larger tire in the front? Was wanting to fit a 90/90-10. Since I'm on the subject of tires I was also curious on the biggest tire I could fit in the rear? I've found a few topics on here about that but they're wasn't a real answer on what the biggest is but rather what people like to run. :?

Edit: Found this thread which answered a little more of my question but no one said if it was a straight swap or if any modification was required.
as far as i know that is not a direct bolt on without the proper steering stem. it has metro forks, which are a ruckus/dio zx style. i think a dio zx stem will bolt up to that year. i think the widest wheel you can get for that is the metro wheel. ruckus wheels may be too wide. scooter swap shop used to make a kit for a ruckus front end. see if he will do one for ya. (graphite9)
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Post by Kevinstonge »

The se50 fork should be a direct swap. And you could save some pennies by not going with a met wheel, and settle for a 3x10 instead of 90/90. I'm not sure if you can run the 3x10 tubeless on a 1.5" wheel however.
rookyandb
Noob
Noob

Post by rookyandb »

Thanks for the information guys, giving me some good ideas on what I can run and what might be a good setup. I reread this thread again and saw that sleeperscoot said a 90/90 would fit on the rear wheel, although not exactly sure how without rubbing. After reading a bit I figured doing a swap on the front end wouldn't be a bad choice since everyone seems extremely happy with doing so. I might hit up graphite9 about the ruckus kit as well since looking for a SE front end doesn't really get many results. Unless I'm just not searching in the right places?
88 Honda Elite E (SB50P) - currently in the works
Pete M
Elite
Elite

Post by Pete M »

Realistically the biggest tire you can fit without interference is a 2:75 X 10. I doubt anything bigger will fit the original configuration.
89 Elite E