85 aero stalls

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

crimespree
Spree
Spree

85 aero stalls

Post by crimespree »

Polini kit. Jetted correctly, ran great for a few months. Exhaust smells really bad, running premix. Seems to stall with my weight. Fine on the stand. Clutch shoes looked ok when I did center and clutch springs
patthesoundguy

Re: 85 aero stalls

Post by patthesoundguy »

crimespree wrote:Polini kit. Jetted correctly, ran great for a few months. Exhaust smells really bad, running premix. Seems to stall with my weight. Fine on the stand. Clutch shoes looked ok when I did center and clutch springs
Bad tank of fuel maybe? Bad smelling exhaust got me stumped ;-) bad two stroke oil, which isn't likely but who knows. I'd look in the tank with a flashlight and look for junk floating in there. I'd also pull the carb and look for water in the float bowl. What kind of air intake system are you running? Stock airbox or aftermarket filter? Might be a good time after you check everything else to pop the head off and have a look at the bore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
crimespree
Spree
Spree

Post by crimespree »

its good gas with redline premix. plugged injector. stock air box with new filter.
deuce217
CB900F
CB900F

Post by deuce217 »

Perhaps, water in the carb bowl and or fuel tank. Use the bowl drain and catch the fuel in a clear glass jar and see if you can detect any water in the mix.
2000 Elite SR50 -THE PURPLE NURPLE
50mm BBK (tai)
26mm OKO (round slide) 135 Main Jet
V-8 pipe
39/18 secondary gears (7.583:1 ratio)
36 grams in Prodigy variator
Malossi Delta Clutch & WIng Bell- Thanks RED EFT
65mph GPS (on the freeway)