BREAK-IN question

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: brake in question

Post by swimmingfree »

the 64/1 mix is with the oil pump not to run with out the oil pump i run more oil to brake in the motor ....
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Brake cylinder hone works well but the ball hone is the proper thing. But the brake cylinder hone is prob easier to get quick. When you are done de- glazing your cylinder wash it in the sink with dish soap thoroughly. A tooth brush helps to scrub the bore out and get in around the ports. Gotta make sure you get all of oil and debris from the process out of there. Or the while thing will be for not. The second you get the bore clean. dry and oil with fresh 2stroke as fast as possible so it doesn't flash rust. A clean and washed bore will rust before your eyes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Pete M
Elite
Elite

Post by Pete M »

The brake hone has a tendency to break the stones when you go past the ports. You can damage the cylinder when that happens. A ball hone is the ticket. 32 to 1 is 4oz of oil to one gallon of fuel. 62 to one in 2oz to a gallon of fuel.
89 Elite E
77 vega kammback
BMX
BMX

Post by 77 vega kammback »

took it for a 5 mile run after i did 8 heat ups at idel and it has more top speed that my cousins elite ( dont worry i didnt go wot i kept it real suttle and always under half )
whatya mean it dont fit
77 vega kammback
BMX
BMX

Post by 77 vega kammback »

bonesv wrote:Did you say 64 to 1 premix? That ain't gonna work! Go back and adjust it to 32 to1 or you will be rebuilding it again. Where did you get another crankshaft from?
got it from trafficjams
whatya mean it dont fit
patthesoundguy

Re: BREAK-IN question

Post by patthesoundguy »

Pete M wrote:The brake hone has a tendency to break the stones when you go past the ports. You can damage the cylinder when that happens. A ball hone is the ticket. 32 to 1 is 4oz of oil to one gallon of fuel. 62 to one in 2oz to a gallon of fuel.
Yes one has to be super careful with brake cyl hone, ive busted some stones at the base of a cylinder before. I was lucky I diddnt do any damage. Always risk involved with using somthing like that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock