Airbox Delete

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

thekingof7
Goped
Goped

Airbox Delete

Post by thekingof7 »

Hey guys! Long time no see.

1987 Spree - Stock.

I really dislike the design of the stock airbox/filter. I have gone through 2 which have either warped, rubbed, or snapped. I took a hack saw to one and removed everything except the box and tube so that the box itself was free floating using only the tube as support. Sadly the tube rips and cannot maintain the weight.

I have seen several mods in which a K&N pod filter is used, but upjetting seems to be required for this and I have no wish to tune this moped. Taping the filter itself seems like a good option to prevent leaning out. Does anyone have a specific measurement for the amount filter that should be left free of tape? My intent is to give the motor approx. the same amount of air that the stock airbox would provide.

-Thanks
t8kinover.
Goped
Goped

Re: Airbox Delete

Post by t8kinover. »

keep adding tape to the filter untill it fourstrokes then remove a lil bit of tape after u hit that point
patthesoundguy

Re: Airbox Delete

Post by patthesoundguy »

You could use swimmingfrees pop bottle cap in the filter rubber or air hose with two 3/16 holes in I think there are. I find it ha d to rely on electrical tape when oil and has are involved. That stuff just melts the adhesive and the tape unravels. It will work just fine but I find it hard on my brain where its out of sight and out if mind.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock