bystarter

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

brad 30
BMX
BMX

bystarter

Post by brad 30 »

i took of the bystartes hooked up 12 volts to it and it gets a little hot but needle wont move how do i tell if this is bad or not i put a ohm meter and it read about 3 ohms it should be no more then 10 ohms help thanks
eman916
BMX
BMX

Post by eman916 »

Looks like you got a bad bystarter. Disable it like I did or get a new one.
-=_EmaN_=-
brad 30
BMX
BMX

Post by brad 30 »

great job all it was the bystartes thanks again for the help :D
ADNOH
BMX
BMX

Post by ADNOH »

What's a bystarter?

RM.
brad 30
BMX
BMX

Post by brad 30 »

its like a choke it is on the carb,
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

yea, without it sprees are crap
ADNOH
BMX
BMX

Post by ADNOH »

Thanks Brad. Trouble is, I've never had any trouble with my Sprees (that's ASKING for it!) in 20 years, so I have not become familiar with pulling them apart!

RM
sdbrehm
Noob
Noob

Post by sdbrehm »

eman916 wrote:Looks like you got a bad bystarter. Disable it like I did or get a new one.
How do you disable it? I'm having trouble starting my '86 Spree and measured the resistance last night at 4 ohms. Carb and fuel delivery look ok otherwise.

This is one I've just acquired and never had running. Owner said it had worked fine previously, but it has been sitting unused for awhile.

It starts when I kick it over, runs 5-10 seconds, and dies. Battery is dead, but all lights and horn works while it is running.

Scott
vonchuk
Goped
Goped

Post by vonchuk »

Sounds like you have a pluged up carburetor. It starts from the fuel supplied by the bistarter but runs out of fuel when the bistarter closes. Your idle and main jets need cleaning.
sprees, ciao, gilera 124, 62 vespa, yamaha 650xs
sdbrehm
Noob
Noob

Post by sdbrehm »

eman916 wrote:Looks like you got a bad bystarter. Disable it like I did or get a new one.
How do you disable it? I'm having trouble starting my '86 Spree and measured the resistance last night at 4 ohms. Carb and fuel delivery look ok otherwise.

This is one I've just acquired and never had running. Owner said it had worked fine previously, but it has been sitting unused for awhile.

It starts when I kick it over, runs 5-10 seconds, and dies. Battery is dead, but all lights and horn works while it is running.

Scott