AF rear locknut

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Sheeshee
BMX
BMX

AF rear locknut

Post by Sheeshee »

Anyone know where I can source this rear nut? My impact kinda shredded this one up and I'd like to replace it.... Does anyone know if Honda still sells it? (I have doubts about that though...) Maybe a third party site? Maybe a Chinese scooter with the same nut? Or even anyone parting out an AF motor?

My other option would be going to a fastener store and grabbing one. They have a ton of bolts, but this one sure is a rare breed and I have my doubts as to whether or not I'll be able to find it. Anyone able to site the size of the bolt?

Thanks! :coolcruise:
1984 Spree AF16
1974 Yamaha RD250
Sheeshee
BMX
BMX

AF rear locknut

Post by Sheeshee »

Anyone know where I can source this rear nut? My impact kinda shredded this one up and I'd like to replace it.... Does anyone know if Honda still sells it? (I have doubts about that though...) Maybe a third party site? Maybe a Chinese scooter with the same nut? Or even anyone parting out an AF motor?

My other option would be going to a fastener store and grabbing one. They have a ton of bolts, but this one sure is a rare breed and I have my doubts as to whether or not I'll be able to find it. Anyone able to site the size of the bolt?

BTW this has already been posted in the wanted/for sale section, but I thought I'd post it here as well for more views!
1984 Spree AF16
1974 Yamaha RD250
bajack
Goped
Goped

Re: AF rear locknut

Post by bajack »

i had to do the same thing, done the same thing to mine. usually the best thing to do to both them nuts, its tighten them holding them from spinning by hand as tight as you can so you get all the play out using a ratchet and socket. then the rear it doesnt take, much. i use a cigarette lighter impact wrench. You could probably use a strap wrench and a torque wrench and be albe to torque the nut on the back. 29 ft/lbs by memory it tightens too. not too much witha torqu wrench. i let mine smack it about 5 times. the front i let it smack 8-10 times. using a 180ft/lbs harbor freight cigarette lighter impact wrench. that way if electric goes out all i needs a car battery or someone to let me use their key to their car for a minute.

NUT, FLANGE (10MM)
94050-10000

thats the information on it.
i found that at discounthondaparts.com your lower powersports dealer can do less for the shipping
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

NUT, FLANGE (10MM)
94050-10000

found that at discounthondaparts
you can get it at your local powersports dealer for cheaper. less the shipping.
Sheeshee
BMX
BMX

Post by Sheeshee »

Wow, thanks so much Bajack! You're awesome!
1984 Spree AF16
1974 Yamaha RD250
Sheeshee
BMX
BMX

Post by Sheeshee »

bajack wrote:i had to do the same thing, done the same thing to mine. usually the best thing to do to both them nuts, its tighten them holding them from spinning by hand as tight as you can so you get all the play out using a ratchet and socket. then the rear it doesnt take, much. i use a cigarette lighter impact wrench. You could probably use a strap wrench and a torque wrench and be albe to torque the nut on the back. 29 ft/lbs by memory it tightens too. not too much witha torqu wrench. i let mine smack it about 5 times. the front i let it smack 8-10 times. using a 180ft/lbs harbor freight cigarette lighter impact wrench. that way if electric goes out all i needs a car battery or someone to let me use their key to their car for a minute.

NUT, FLANGE (10MM)
94050-10000

thats the information on it.
i found that at discounthondaparts.com your lower powersports dealer can do less for the shipping
Ya, I let my impact smack it a few times, but I didn't use a 39mm... Whoops. I used an 1-1/2 inch socket thinking it would be "good enough." I guess not...
1984 Spree AF16
1974 Yamaha RD250
abreen89
CB900F
CB900F

Post by abreen89 »

Sheeshee wrote:Anyone know where I can source this rear nut? My impact kinda shredded this one up and I'd like to replace it.... Does anyone know if Honda still sells it? (I have doubts about that though...) Maybe a third party site? Maybe a Chinese scooter with the same nut? Or even anyone parting out an AF motor?

There is also a mythical place called the hardware store if you want to get 'er done quickly :peace:
'89 Honda Elite SB50p STOCK
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 STOCK sold
'85 Honda Spree NQ50 48mm bbk, taz gears, 18mm carb w/ ct intake
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock In The Works ;)
'86 Honda Aero NB50 Stock
Sheeshee
BMX
BMX

Post by Sheeshee »

Thanks again Bajack! Question answered in both sections!
1984 Spree AF16
1974 Yamaha RD250
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

bajack wrote:NUT, FLANGE (10MM) 94050-10000...
bajack quotes a p/n for the 'missing nut' in your pic.
Sheeshee wrote:...Ya, I let my impact smack it a few times, but I didn't use a 39mm... Whoops. I used an 1-1/2 inch socket thinking it would be "good enough." I guess not...
You need a different p/n for that part.
SA50_88-01_driven_face_fasteners.jpg
SA50_88-01_driven_face_fasteners.jpg (56.15 KiB) Viewed 5697 times
Please a single thread for help, your Wanted/For Sale posts are merged to this topic.
Sheeshee
BMX
BMX

Post by Sheeshee »

mousewheels wrote:
bajack wrote:NUT, FLANGE (10MM) 94050-10000...
bajack quotes a p/n for the 'missing nut' in your pic.
Sheeshee wrote:...Ya, I let my impact smack it a few times, but I didn't use a 39mm... Whoops. I used an 1-1/2 inch socket thinking it would be "good enough." I guess not...
You need a different p/n for that part.
SA50_88-01_driven_face_fasteners.jpg
Please a single thread for help, your Wanted/For Sale posts are merged to this topic.
Ya, bajack PM'd me letting me know he cited the wrong part number.

And sorry about the double post. (I believe in one of them I did apologize/attempt to explain myself....) Sorry again though.
1984 Spree AF16
1974 Yamaha RD250