Drive belt breaking slider guides? (moved 94-01 belt topic)

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

bajack
Goped
Goped

Drive belt breaking slider guides? (moved 94-01 belt topic)

Post by bajack »

heres what im finding out about the malossi special belt. 61 7215
i got a belt from honda. kept having problems. So, if you liked this belt, what I found out when I ordered from honda, is i kept having the slider guides breaking. Went through 4 sets here. I just happenned to have them off the first time, rode about 15 miles and took the cvt apart to swap out roller weights. Found that my slide guides where breaking, digging holes into them. So I decided to keep checking them every 10 miles, so I didn't loose a variator.

Kept breaking them, they kept getting holes dug into them. I had, as in used to have, some old slide guides, and I dont ever remember looking at them and going these, are bad. Cause I had them pioled up in a bag with a few other sets of them too. And I never knew what ones where used or new. I had went out and bought some new slide guides. And I got a new belt. Didn't pay attention to the part number. It went on, ok and stuff. Was just doing maintanence when I noticed stuff tearing apart. Kept an eye on it. Kept checkign and rechecking stuff over. Trying to figure out what was giving me the cvt breaking apart on me.

So I had it down to all stock parts. Stock variator, stock almost, springs. 1000 center and 1500 grabs, but I heard they ran better anyway on 1500 grabber springs instead of the 2000's I had in. And it was almost replacement time anyway, on my grabbers for the most part. Anyway. so stock everything. Kept on eating into my slide guides.

Long story short, kept breakign slide guides. over and over. stock everything in the cvt. springs a little on the high side, but no big deal who cares, tehyre good. there no big deal, its no big deal. anyway. So, went over all my parts. had stock variator, with ramp plate. some 6gram rollers. stock everything, rear driven pulley. It was lubed up. So I took everythign apart, went over it. Driven pulley looked in good shape, I was gonna relube it and put it back together thought, maybe it was giving offa little heat.
Thought my belt, since it was new it was tight. But I rode it until it got slack in it. And I tried brand new, polini slide guides, only go in one way, big side in, .., and more dig marks. So I went to check my belt number. Just had replaced the belt wehn this happenned. Didn't know if the problem was from the new belt, or just appeared when I put a new belt on.

Ok, I got part number 23100-gg2-7500. Cross referenced that belt. Matches up with the same bike they suggest that malossi belt for, overseas sites. It matches up with a DIO SP bike and some peugeot.

So, I dont like it. If you like it, I wouldnt it eats your slide guides, and without them theyll eat the variator and youll break the belt, unless you like running stock and changing them out every 75 miles or something. I've found a new part number for that belt. At least the stock model. It should run as good on the stock bike as it does on another bike.

So, there you go. And if you ever get a new belt, read the part number. Honda Elite is 23100-gg2-751 make sure it says that on it. i done a search here and people said there belt says 751 on it.
bajack
Goped
Goped

Re: 94-01 sa50 belt

Post by bajack »

well, yea since im not using it right now. but until i get the new gates belt in, i won't know for sure. i had got a new 23100-gg2-7500 belt, i ordered the honda elite one. which ends in, the last digits, 751. the belt says that on it too. this belt, said that on it. i searched it on the internet, and pretty much came up that it was for a honda dio sp. or peugeot some type.. cross referenced and it also is that malossi special belt 61 7215 is one suggested as an alternative to that belt.

i thought it was the variator, or the springs, and everything. I had went back to totally stock about, trying to figure it out. Then I checked my belt part number. The belt also seemed, a little tight when i put it on. besides that, it ruined the slide guides. and i actually caught it. so i kept a watch on them.

also it ruined a phongeer lightenned kicker. great. i think it ruined them. it seemed the two halves of my pulley went together, closer together, like the nut kept tightenning down and it seemed to never stop. finally itd bottom out and id use an impact to tighten it on with. maybe there was a little play. it ate out the gears on the aluminum kicker ramp pulley. they spun in it. crank was alright. left a discolored from eating out aluminum, and a little wear. its fine though. so thats waht seems wrong.

i can't find any of my old belt, so ill have to wait until a new gates belt gets here to check it and see if that stops guides from eating up. and ill probably also need to find another set of those too. unless i can find my lost set. heh
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

I don't understand what you're saying. It doesn't make any sense to me. Your description of your situation doesn't add up. I'm confused, I don't believe you have this problem. I umm, ya, you are, not ok, that is, what , is what, to do that is not ok, yes, ok, no way it's for sure. How about no, please clarify. You're wrong it doesn't work like that, ok, no I think your, please don't beat the dog.
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Post by Kevinstonge »

paulpauly7 wrote: I never heard of them breaking .
X2
LoveMyHonda wrote:I don't understand what you're saying. It doesn't make any sense to me.
X2
bajack
Goped
Goped

Drive belt breaking sliders (moved from 94-01 belt topic)

Post by bajack »

Kevinstonge wrote:
paulpauly7 wrote: I never heard of them breaking .
X2
LoveMyHonda wrote:I don't understand what you're saying. It doesn't make any sense to me.
X2
ok then? have you ever used a 23100-gg2-7500 part no. belt? i cross referenced it and it seems they also suggest malossi that one part no. belt up there too for a replacement to it. I also checked it up online and got that that belt is for the Honda Dio SP.

And this has been fully tested by me, taking every variable out. Only using this belt. As teh new thing i introduced, and my new problem Ive never had. The variator plastic slide guides breaking. This belt is the reason why. I used, stock variator. polini slide guides. That part no honda bando belt. and the stock driven pulley. I even lowered the springs from 1500 center 2000 grabbers, to 1000 1500.

I took off the driven pulley and went over it to check and see if it had a problem. if it was, worn out or something first. It seemed fine. I couldnt narrow it down. and somebody had mentioned belt width. I took teh belt and measured it, its brand new 100 miles on it, a little over, and it measured like, 15mm maybe? maybe 15.1. depending on how tight i hold the calipers on it. So, then it looked like something was wrong or going on. And i took the part no off the belt and searched it online, and compared it to the stock belt part no. they had sent me the wrong belt. Wrong part no. And when I searched that part no. online, it gave me the belt was for a Honda Dio SP. and i cross referenced and they said the other suggestions for belts for that bike is the malossi 61 7215

So, I dont have the information the dimensions, of the 23100 gg2 7500 but, ive measured the middle number dimension on it. in the 642-15.5-30 number. its a 15.1 or so in the middle number.

also, seemed a little extra tight putting it on when new. and ive ran it until it has play in it. its no longer tight. And its still eating into the guides.
alright?
i would figure a stock belt or a belt suggested as a replacement for it, and it seemed like it was a legit suggestion, would all act the same on the scooter. So if i got the malossi, it would, act the same. Maybe the numbers arent the same, but, I wouldnt use it. since this belt acts like this.
It eats up slide guides and would break a variator if you didn't happen to figure it out.

I dont know i tested this thing with stock parts. from the honda. I used the Honda Elite variator and ramp plate, it came off the bike when I got it new. Its got metts wrote in it. and other numbers. Using it's ramp plate. It responded teh best, but still was making its way, more slow, than any other setup. but still was on its way through the guides.
Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Post by Red Eft Performance »

For clarification I run Kevlar belt 61 7215 on all my S trans bikes.

I also know that Bakaracer uses this belt exclusively when he races, even with his stroker and swears buy them.

This is by far the best belt available for our bikes.

Keith
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes
Malossi,Polini,Fabrizi,Anything!

View products click => Here
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

It's the part number for a Honda Dio SP. the 23100-gg2-7500 belt.

You probably also change your guides after every 20 miles of race. You probably run real high quality polini. Just because you can blow up dynamite and shoot yourself to the moon. 1 time and get to the moon. doesnt mean its the best thing ever.

Heres 3 pics. front back side of a chinese slider, its black. no signs of even use on it. there are no unopenned chinese sliders laying around my house that havent been rode on. and the polini. i think 20 miles aftermarket variator use.
Attachments
finechinslid2.png
finechinslid2.png (247.8 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
finechinslid1.png
finechinslid1.png (218.18 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
bad polini
bad polini
fduppolslider.png (183.33 KiB) Viewed 7219 times
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Your pictures are confusing. They make no sense. What's the point of it? Looks like you're showing sliders but why. I'm lost.
Fwiw I havent changed my sliders or vario on my race prepped mhr build ever and it's going on 3200+ miles strong. And same malossi belt.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

this guys needs to learn how to speak properly befor he attemps internet to use the internet
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

Do you have fuel in your tank? Seems you've tried everything else already lol
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

ever little thing has to be spoon fed or something to you guys.
?
black chinese slider guides where not run with this belt.

this belt, the SP belt, cross references to a malossi 61 7215. Made for the same application. this belt was run on the polini sliders. How could you be confused? you make no sense on what your confused on. MOre like your trying to confuse everyone else.

here a little thinking and common sense.

You would think by common sense that something for one bike would react the same as on another bike. Since I don't have dimensions of this Honda Dio SP belt, seems its longer, skinnier and more obtuse angled to me though, at first glance.
what i think is, there is nothing but the stock specifications for a belt for a bike. You can only make these belts, by specifications by the manufacturer, and only have BETTER tolerances. anything worse, like, worse quality materials, things like that. were not talking big HUMONGOUS large concepts for you guys to get lost in.

curtis, how did you figure my sliders got wear on them? if there wasn't any gas in my tank? I made it plain in about 2000 words there i had ran 4 sets of polinis and 1 set of chinese black sliders into the ground with this SP belt. the sliders and the belt i ran them and have brought it up in a topic about belts for this sa50 94+ scooter topic, becuase its related.
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

I have not ever seen an aftermarket with different dimensions that the regular belt.

I don't know the dimensions of this 23100 gg2 7500 belt.

I have tested previous said belt. Read all my post on it. I gave all the tests I done. Gave the results of each 5 sets of sliders Ive ran through.

I used stock parts as to not dirty the test results.

My results come up with this belt for a Honda Dio SP, is not working. Dont try it. I also bring up the point, its a cross referenced belt with that malossi. Ok fine you use it on your bike. Ok, fine. No reason to think I didnt run my tests.

I sure did. I sure also don't buy off the guys who are supplied on this site do I? constantly.

I sure don't give people advice on things that might not work properly.

I've NEVER seen an advertised belt with ANOTHER DIMENSION BESIDES the OEM stock spec belt. NEVER EVER. that belt isnt advertised as HONDA ELITE sa50 94+ SHOW ME THE LINK.

thats all I have to say. Ive never seen any of that so called information. I dont have the information on this 23100 gg2 7500 belt either to say its different than malossi 61 7215. but it cross references to teh same bike and common sense would tell you it reacts the same. on teh same bike.

if your modding something its up to you to show others what your doing. so it can be proven.

Im not stating nothing other than what I stated. I took measurements of this belt, but I dont know if maybe ive worn down the sides with my more acute angled pulleys quicker, as i said the width to me after 120 or something miles, is like 15.1mm maybe or something like that depending on how I hold my calipers.
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

and one last thing. Just do this. for me. Show me ONE advertised belt for a bike that has different dimensions NOT OUT OF CHINA, than the OEM stock specifications.

cause all there are are stock specs. theres nothing else. as far as Im concerned. Anyone who says so, just looking to scam people for their money. Cause that 61 7215 belt is listed as a cross reference for a Honda Dio SP. Thinking about that belt makes me know how these sliders broke. pushing back when it was together and was running slowly as it tried to push out and it has the play there to do it, with the ramp plate, the drive boss and the variator. its not one unit, and its not really tight tolerances. They use slide guides to let them be seperated and spin around with each other. ....

But just show me 1 scooter with an advertised belt with dimensions DIfferent than the OEM. IVe not seen one. is all i gotta say. im not living in italy. ive only used the elite. So, theres my experience.
Oh and all that testing with that belt that cross references over.

you dont understand but you gotta put in claims for the malossi. I didnt even state the malossi in my last reponse. The belts are different dimensions. ..

someone show me a belt advertised for a scooter, not from a chinese website or a chinese company, that has different dimensiosn than the oem belt. show me the oem belt specifications from a site not in china. and the bike can't be chinese either. Cause, I dont think theres other belt dimensions than the ones listed.

And I think I can remember doing a search on this site and someone saying they didnt like that special tooth belt, said it broke slide guides.

I didnt know nothing about this belt. Came from honda as a 23100 gg 751 belt. I just plopped it on when it came out of the box.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

wow babble babble .How is a belt breaking sliders .Ive used different belts different sliders and never had heard or seen this problem befor .Thats if im understanding what this guy is on about .Maybe you need to take the air out of your head and put it in your tyres .
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

that malossi belt isnt actually listed for, an sa50, ...
.. and you can call your local honda dealer for one of these. when i ask for an elite belt thats waht i want. not whatever they sent me.