superdio headset wiring help

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

kauaianman
Spree
Spree

superdio headset wiring help

Post by kauaianman »

tried to install superdio headset on my SYM DD50

DD50 = 3 pin flasher relay = push flasher button in the direction you want blinker and then mover back to center position to turn off

superdio - 2 pin flasher relay = push flasher button in the direction you want blinker the push button in to turn off. (this switch never stays in the left or right position it always moves back to center so the way you turn it off is by pushing.

anyway,

i want to run the 2 pin flasher relay switch with the 3 pin relay. anyway possible?

thank for any help in advance
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Re: superdio headset wiring help

Post by DirtyE »

Since no one else has commented on this;
It sounds like you'll have to either get a new relay or play with the wiring. You can google blinkers circuits. Its been a while since ive played with wiring them, but you need a 12v to each blinkers, then they can either have thier own ground or a shared ground. The relay accepts the 12v signal and breaks it into the flashers.

Kind of general info here. I cant see what youre looking at, but it sounds like you have a wire mismatch. When you're tinkering with it, just be glad its not a ditech. I removed the digidash on my aprilia. The blinker circuit for that ran through the Ecu then the digidash, then out to the relay. Im so happy to have a simple (er) scooter again.

Good luck! Im sure you'll figure it out!
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: superdio headset wiring help

Post by mousewheels »

The DD50 wiring diagram shows the 3 pin flasher and switch.
The 'Push to turn off' function is mechanically built into the switch.

That makes it easy change the 3 pin flasher with a 2 pin.

In the marked up DD50 diagram, the 3rd (middle) Flasher pin is ground. It is left open with a 2 pin flasher.

Connect the 2 pin flasher to the appropriate connection
  • +12v switched for flasher power (Black wire)
  • Turn signal switch input (drawn as Yellow. I think the color is Grey in an actual wire harness)).
Attachments
DD50_Flasher.jpg
DD50_Flasher.jpg (137.12 KiB) Viewed 2194 times