Gas mileage

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

ppat0324
Noob
Noob

Gas mileage

Post by ppat0324 »

Ok, I know everyone's Spree is different but just an average. How many miles to a tank? I filled the tank when I 1st got my Spree 4 days ago and have put roughly 20 miles on it. It is between1/4 and 1/2 tank, closer to 1/4. Does that sound right? ppat
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Re: Gas mileage

Post by vintagegarage »

On my Spree, the gas gauge reads full when the tank is full, and empty when it is empty, but it reads about 1/2 when the tank is 3/4 full, and about 1/4 when the tank is about half full. Don't know if that helps, but to me, your reading sounds about normal. When you fill up the next time, see how much gas it takes to fill it up and then let me know if your 1/4 gas gauge reading really means that the tank is slightly more than half full. The Spree review at:

http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Honda/Spree/Spree.html

estimates the fuel mileage at 70-80 mpg, and lists the size of the gas tank as .66 gallons. If all that is true, then that means you should be able to go 46.2 to 52.8 miles to a tank of gas. My guess is that your 20 miles used up slightly less than a half tank of gas, in spite of what the gauge says. Please let me know what you find when you fill the tank again..
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

ppat,
This morning, I did an mpg test with my Spree to add some data to your topic. First, the fuel gauge was reading about 1/2 and it took .30 gallons to fill it to the ring at the bottom of the filler neck. I started the mpg test with the fuel level at that ring, and the fuel gauge reading full. I drove 22 miles according to the odometer, at speeds between 25 and 30 mph, stopping at perhaps 20 stop signs and 4 or 5 traffic lights. Acceleration to speed was done at full throttle from every stop. I then filled the tank back up to that same ring at the bottom of the filler neck. It took .263 gallons. If I did the math right, and the odometer is correct, that means I got about 83 mpg for this test. Hope this helps..
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Where else can you peg the throttle and still record 80+ MPH? That sounds pretty normal to me. 2-Smokes aren't models of fuel efficiency generally, but 83 ain't bad.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
ppat0324
Noob
Noob

Post by ppat0324 »

You guys are great. If we can ever get some warm dry weather I will get my Moped out and see what it can do. Furthest I have drove is about 4 miles at a time. My gas gage is now showing almost E but I have plenty of fuel.

I am having problems getting it to start but finally got a battery today so do not have to kick start it anymore. It fired right up with the battery and everything seems to be stronger. Hope it continues...ppat
Johnniespeed
Elite
Elite

Post by Johnniespeed »

Of all the Spree's I've owned and ridden, I have never checked the mileage.

On any of my scooters, I have never driven more than 200 miles in one day.

On my Elite 150 it gets 85 miles per gallon and tops out at 64 MPH, no wind no windshield.

On my Elite 250 it gets 66 miles per gallon and tops out at 76-77 MPH no wind, no windshield.
It would be great if everyone listed thier Spree MPG for general reference.
1984 Aero 125 57 mph for sale.

Elite 150 64 mph for sale.

Elite 250 77 mph. for sale.

Red Honda Grom, modded to 250cc, 87 mph.

GSXR 1000 168 mph. My new favorite, scooters seems way too slow now.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

After a rejet to a 82 and uni pod it seems to just have 5mpg. Every gas station I need a refill and there is many around here. Still funny to see 80 cents on the gas pump and about 3 liters of gas spilled everywhere trying to fill the thing up. :lol: But before the rejet it was getting about 60mpg. These are testaments based off of mileage memory. I also live in a very hilly area so WOT all day. - Jumps