Spree carb

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Moparmick
Noob
Noob

Spree carb

Post by Moparmick »

I have an 85 spree 1000 miles on it, and the carb has developed a leak at 2 places, one on the top of the bowl and another on the body of the carb, they would be on the back side as you look at the carb on the scooter, the one on the bowl looks like a outlet for overflow or something like that the other is a hole in the side of the carb, what are these for and why would they leak? and what can be done to fix the problem? thanks,Mick :(
myhonda
Elite
Elite

Post by myhonda »

bad petcock valve maby or the float
uspmale
Spree
Spree

carb

Post by uspmale »

A good carb overhaul is in order, with new gaskets.
If you need help, just ask,
greg
Moparmick
Noob
Noob

Post by Moparmick »

Ok I have cleaned the carb already and replaced the float valve and this problem is still there, you said replace Gaskets(plural )but in the service manual I only see 1 gasket for the float bowl is there more somewhere in the carb that are not shown in the service manual? Is there a source for a rebuild kit that would cover everything I need, the Honda dealer here only sells parts by the piece and I don't know how much needs to be replaced for a rebuild Thanks for the help, Mick
myhonda
Elite
Elite

Post by myhonda »

does the float leak? put the float in a cup of gas and if it sinks its your float if not im not to sure whats goin on there