Spree carb running dry with new BBK

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Piechey
BMX
BMX

Spree carb running dry with new BBK

Post by Piechey »

Good morning guys!

So it's been awhile since I've had the time or money to work on my scoot. At this point I've installed Taz's BBK, which includes the new jet. After working out a bunch of electrical kinks(by the grace of this forum..) I got the scooter running. It sounded great and ran very smoothly. However when it came time to finally road test it, I could go no further than maybe 100 yards without it shutting off in an aggressive fashion. I believe I've narrowed it down to the bowl being completely sucked dry. I reset all the adjustment screws in the carb to factory specs and tried to tweak from there, but still no luck.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? Could it be that I'm in need of a new pipe to get the carb tuned properly?

I look forward to hearing your responses!

Thanks guys!

Piechey
'84 Honda Spree (s**** broke mane)
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Spree carb running dry with new BBK

Post by benji »

Sounds like you need to clean out or replace your petcock or clean your carb, your float might be sticking. It shouldn't just run out of fuel, it should atleast be able to ride around.
patthesoundguy

Re: Spree carb running dry with new BBK

Post by patthesoundguy »

Benji is right. Get that petcock out of the tank and clean the screen. Those screens can get all vanished up and not flow enough fuel. You can check th flow by running th carb fuel line into a container and applying vaccum to the petcock and see how the flow is. Might be worth draining th tank and see how low th level goes. I have cleaned petcock screens that would stop flowing fuel at a half tank.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock