zx trans

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

nate_lohs
Spree
Spree

zx trans

Post by nate_lohs »

ok i keep reading about using a honda dio with a zx trans. ive searched this forum, forumshawaii, and google and i cant seem to find much info on it. im looking for pics, info about what benefits there are to using it, what scooter it came stock on, what engines you can use with it, and any other info you can think of.
2001 honda elite S
2006 kawi vulcan 1600
1996 toyota tacoma
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

Honda super dio zx , af28, wider belt, 3 pin rear drive instead of 2 pin ,like the elite S, or a Japan model af27 or lower
Lots of people run it because it can handle a bit more power, but at the same time it's a heavier set up then a stock trans.
So unless your build some crazy 110cc + monster ,just stick with the stock trans.
Remember,everyone is human,even if there stupid!
nate_lohs
Spree
Spree

Post by nate_lohs »

so it came stock on the honda super dio zx? thats a japan model only right? did it come on any US models? also are there any sites that sell them or would i just have to keep my eye on various forums classifieds? thanks
2001 honda elite S
2006 kawi vulcan 1600
1996 toyota tacoma
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

Yes japan, possible europe.but no USA model, though alot of them where imported,florida and hawaii have the most
VT has them in stock, but when you do a conversion, if you dont need the clutch then dont get with it,Some people run the zx trans but with a S belt, and some people mix and match
If you want a complete ZX TRANS ,you also need the belt,boss and drive face, the clutches are the same.
You will also need to clearence the kicker cover or reshape the gear that spins out to engage the drive face- this what I did and a much better option then running washers between the kicker and block
vtcycles.com you will have to phone in your order
nate_lohs
Spree
Spree

Post by nate_lohs »

awesome, thanks for all the info. how did you get all this info? im usually pretty good at figuring things out for myself just by searching but i couldnt find anything on this.
2001 honda elite S
2006 kawi vulcan 1600
1996 toyota tacoma
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

experience,asking questions